I have been looking for a good guitar with a HSS pick up configuration, but to be honest haven't had much luck. I play mainly metal so i would probabaly end up getting a EMG 85 in the bridge and then two EMG SA's, I also play through a Engl tube amp. I was hoping to spend about £700-£900. So anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance
That, or an HSS Strat should work too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
If you're playing metal, I'd go for the EMG 81 in the bridge, unless you play rhythm. Even at that, if you intend on doing any clean stuff, the EMG 60 has better cleans than the 85.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']If you're playing metal, I'd go for the EMG 81 in the bridge, unless you play rhythm. Even at that, if you intend on doing any clean stuff, the EMG 60 has better cleans than the 85.
Adam D from killswitch Engage uses a EMG 85 in the bridge and 2 SA's in his Caparison.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
Adam D from killswitch Engage uses a EMG 85 in the bridge and 2 SA's in his Caparison.

Adam Dutkiewicz. Your point? They sound like ****

And any guy who's last name contains the word "dookie" is not likely to be listened to by many people
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Adam Dutkiewicz. Your point? They sound like ****

And any guy who's last name contains the word "dookie" is not likely to be listened to by many people
I dunno killswitch engage are a very popular band, and are a big influence to their genre of music.
heard pretty good things about the Squier Vintage Modified HSS series, loaded w/Seymour Duncan designed p'ups, they're new for $349, but i scored one for $250 on ebay, i'll let you know if it's worth it
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
I dunno killswitch engage are a very popular band, and are a big influence to their genre of music.

I meant I doubt anyone would take their advice. Of course people buy the records.
Quote by rogerneeb
heard pretty good things about the Squier Vintage Modified HSS series, loaded w/Seymour Duncan designed p'ups, they're new for $349, but i scored one for $250 on ebay, i'll let you know if it's worth it

Cheers man I like the versatility of the HSS config.
jackson dk2 loaded with proper duncans
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Adam Dutkiewicz. Your point? They sound like ****

Hey now - I like KSE.

Don't get froggy, grasshopper.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
I was looking at the soloist but heard the tremolo isn't very good? So kind of put me off.

ufcking true. I had an SL1 a couple years back, and the first thing I did was replace the trem.

It was awful.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Hey now - I like KSE.

Don't get froggy, grasshopper.

same! Love metalcore.
Quote by strat0blaster
ufcking true. I had an SL1 a couple years back, and the first thing I did was replace the trem.

It was awful.

Bad trem on a SL1? I thought for the price you pay for it, it would be bloody good haha, OFR ftw.
Quote by burnboy85
How about a Laguna? They are pretty coolio in my opinion.

laguna? Enlighten me i dunno what it is haah.
I'm privilidged enough to own a S-Series Ibanez with the S-S-H config (check my profile for pics). I also own a SA-Series with the same configuration and it's so versartile. I would go for the Ibanez SAS36 and replace the pickups with DiMarzio, or the EMG's if your set on actives.