This is probably a really stupid idea. But I just figured... why settle for a crappy pedal version that doesn't give you that real rich spring reverb when you can make a reverb box that has a spring reverb unit inside of it?

Is this even technically possible? I was just looking around smallbear and I saw they sell a simple reverb tank... could you rig it up in a way that it would add that lush reverb sound we all like in our amp in a pedal system?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Definitely possible...there are a few kinda semi lame op-amp driven spring reverb units out there.

I am working on a design currently...
JFET input buffer, LM386 amp to get about 1W driving the input transducer of the reverb tank. Then is the actual tank then there is a 12AU7 tube recovery stage. Working right now with mix, dwell, drive and tone controls. Trying to find a small tank with the right input impedance right now, I don't want a huge tank.

Kinda a half tube half SS reverb circuit. Should be pretty cool, not too complex and not expensive to build.

Look around on the net though, lots of ideas floating.
Well that just blew my mind. I wanna see what you do since all your stuff is A+
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Big issue with true spring reverb is the size of the tank. Not something thats going to fit in pedal. Even an amp head like a epi Vjr you can only fit the short tank in it. Fender made those stand alone units years ago.
Haha thanks..

I am working on a new tube pre-amp now, well finished the design, starting the building. Anyways once I finish the design of this reverb unit and breadboard it Ill let you know, if your interested. Btw I was planning on working the design with around 50V DC on the tubes plate's, so its not dangerous in case you were wondering.
Quote by Tackleberry
Big issue with true spring reverb is the size of the tank. Not something thats going to fit in pedal. Even an amp head like a epi Vjr you can only fit the short tank in it. Fender made those stand alone units years ago.

I actually saw a few weeks back this really new tank that was about the size of a scientific calculator. I was really intrigued by it. Been trying to find it...
Hmmm... now this is getting me interested in other things besides reverb pedals... You could possible make a saturated metal tube driven pedal no?

Now thats interesting... like a metal muff but a metal tube?
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel