no
101 65%
Voters: 156.
Page 1 of 3
racist? possibly. moron? indefinitely
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

A dying mother isn't an excuse to run a red light.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
No evidence that race was a factor at all, to strip his job from him would be stupid. He was following procedures, if someone runs a red light they are potentially dangerous, so he wields his gun. It was a dick move to hold him after hearing the explanation, but there's no proof race had anything to do with it.
Quote by rabidguitarist

This. If you run a red light cus your mother is dying you might end up causing somebody elses mother to end up dying in hospital along with yourself and everybody else. The officer was abit heavy handed but a dying mother ain't any reason to put others lives in danger.
I think he was just an asshole.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
I think he was just a huge jackass, not a racist.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
no way to know since there weren't any white people there for him to treat differently.

Quote by rabidguitarist

I disagree, due to the fact that It was early morning, and there were no other cars.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Last edited by iantheman at Mar 26, 2009,
Race had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
not racist... annoying how media makes everything sound racist... if a black guy stabs a white guy it aint racist... if a white guy stabs a black guy its racist...
I play guitar.
Quote by Big Mac n Fries
Maybe he was being an arsehole, but what if after running the red light they had hit another car, or a child?

They stopped and waited to make sure no cars were coming before running the light.

Just saying.
Here's what I read: A man - a police officer, overreacted and handled the situation inappropriately with Mr. Moatses - a man. The only racist thing in that entire article is the judgment from The Moatses Family, saying that the situation involved racism. Just because they are two different races, it does not in any way at all provide it is a racist situation.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by nigeltheginger
It's dem Babylon baldheads downpressing I'n'I mon

Fixed for correct Rastafarian vocabulary.

And also I don't really think the cop was racist. At least I can't see any actual evidence of it. From the looks of it he was just startled by the fact that the guy left his car instead of waiting for him to approach. I know if I was a cop and I had just pulled a guy over for running a red light and he jumped out as soon as he stopped instead of waiting to find out why hes been pulled over then I might be slightly alarmed, whether or not I would have gone for my gun is a different matter. That seems a little exteme but I wasn't there and I don't know the exact circumstances so I can't really judge.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
It was his job to question him when he ran a red light. There are dangerous people out there.

But, when the cop had proof that the NFL player's mother was actually dying, he should have let them in the hospital right away.

The player will never see his mother again. I'm guarantee that the whole time he was driving, he was thinking about what he would say to his mother on her deathbed. Now, he never got that chance to say everything he wanted to say. Losing a family member is bad enough, but when somebody prevented you from getting your last words with your mother, it makes the situation so much worse. The cop was such a dick, it's sickening.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by IDread
Fixed for correct Rastafarian vocabulary.

And also I don't really think the cop was racist. At least I can't see any actual evidence of it. From the looks of it he was just startled by the fact that the guy left his car instead of waiting for him to approach. I know if I was a cop and I had just pulled a guy over for running a red light and he jumped out as soon as he stopped instead of waiting to find out why hes been pulled over then I might be slightly alarmed, whether or not I would have gone for my gun is a different matter. That seems a little exteme but I wasn't there and I don't know the exact circumstances so I can't really judge.

the guy driving the car didn't leave it tho, only two of the four people did
Cheers IDread

I won't try and be black anymore, promise

Also my friend says you're a legend cos he was just correcting me over msn saying the same thing
From what was reported, it doesn't sound racial. Just heavy handed. Another cop being a douchebag. As soon as hearing the mother dying thing, he should've just went ahead and let them go into the hospital. If he was so bent on writing a ticket, he could've followed them to a parking space or if they just left the vehicle there, wrote it and went on his way.

As to the red light thing not being an excuse... give me a break. Is it an excuse as far as "it makes it legal"? no... but it's understandable given the circumstances and should be excused imo. same as a guy rushing his wife to the hospital if she's in labor. He also said he stopped and made sure no one was near the light. He didn't just fly right through it.

Cas-
Quote by mrcrono
They stopped and waited to make sure no cars were coming before running the light.

Just saying.

Loads of road accidents happen when people have looked to make sure something isn't coming, they then proceed to run a light and out of nowhere they hit hit by a motor bike or something.

They obviously didn't hit anything, but they might have is the point i'm making.
Last edited by Big Mac n Fries at Mar 26, 2009,
Nothing racist there on the officers part.
I go to a Police Science thing for half of my school day, and we just did some trafic stops recently and there wasnt anything really wrong with what he did.
Quote by fishmunky
My fiance told me she had to sleep on the couch a few months back cause i got overly grabby in my sleep.
she was apparently not impressed by unconscious caveman moves
Quote by Zoot Allures
This. If you run a red light cus your mother is dying you might end up causing somebody elses mother to end up dying in hospital along with yourself and everybody else. The officer was abit heavy handed but a dying mother ain't any reason to put others lives in danger.

True, but how many people stay rational when they learn that their mother is dying? He did say that he waited for all cars to pass first. You're right, but chances are, you or I would have done the same thing.

Quote by maidenfan15
True, but how many people stay rational when they learn that their mother is dying? He did say that he waited for all cars to pass first. You're right, but chances are, you or I would have done the same thing.

Maybe so but you or i didn't and i'm glad the road laws are what they are for running lights. If i run a red light like that then i'd still deserve to be charged. The cop does seem like abit of a dick for holding him that long though.
Pulling a gun seemed quite extreme but I wouldn't say racism dictated his actions.

Moats should have stayed in the car, given his excuse to underline his urgency, and presented his driver's license and registration in a curt but courteous manner.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Zoot Allures
Maybe so but you or i didn't and i'm glad the road laws are what they are for running lights. If i run a red light like that then i'd still deserve to be charged. The cop does seem like abit of a dick for holding him that long though.

I know there's a legal term, not quite sure if it's applicable, but something like temporary insanity...such as when you catch your wife cheating on you and you immediately attack the man (or woman o.O)

It doesn't take away what you've done, but it makes punishment a lot less harsh. It's technically correct, everything that the cop did, but most cops are usually lenient when it comes to these things. And especially the things like spending a long time checking on arrest warrants, and then even when a second police officer comes and asks you to finish and then still being a dick about it...it's a little too much
Quote by Zoot Allures

Yeah, he does deserve to be charged. But, that could have waited until he saw his mother. The cop could have given one of the passengers the ticket to give to the player. The ticket wouldn't have been big anyway, it probably could have waited. Regardless, I think we can all agree that the cop wasn't racist, he was just a dick.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
I fail to see the problem, the guy committed a crime.

the officer pulled a gun on him for running a red light.......
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
just because you're an ass hole to a black guy (being a white guy) doesn't make you a racist..

just an ass hole
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by MedicreDemon

And? Were you there to witness the exact details of this altercation or have you read about it in a biased news article?

Quote by UncleCthulhu
And? Were you there to witness the exact details of this altercation or have you read about it in a biased news article?

Oh.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by iantheman
I disagree, due to the fact that It was early morning, and there were no other cars.

So you think lights should stay green from late night to early morning? Don't be ridiculous. He broke the law, and a police officer saw it happen.

Quote by MedicreDemon

Maybe you should actually read the article, instead of scanning it?
He ordered Tamishia Moats to get back in the SUV, but she ignored him and rushed inside the hospital to see her mother,

They broke the law, the officer stopped them. He ordered them to stay in the car, but they ignored him and bailed. That's a perfectly good reason to treat them like that.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by UncleCthulhu

And? We're left to assume that Moats was either unarmed or had not pulled a weapon.
Quote by UncleCthulhu

don't they have video of all this?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Dick? Bigtime. Racist dick? I don't see any evidence toward that based on this article.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Godsmack_IV
And? We're left to assume that Moats was either unarmed or had not pulled a weapon.

Making assumptions based on a biased article

So one could also assume that Moats was wearing body armour, a gas mask and driving a tank yes?

CTHEDIT:

Quote by touji-za-nai
don't they have video of all this?

Point taken
Page 1 of 3