Just got 2 CD's by these guys...wow

Their early stuff is so damn heavy and abrasive...I don't think I've heard music this absolutely brutal before

I got Children Of God too, which is excellent. Great experimental songwriting and arrangements

Any other fans?
And I ammm the sunnn.

These guys are great. No-wave eff-tee-dubz.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Bumpadumpshlump. I've been on a Swans kick lately. Let's talk about them some more.
they are touring this year! haven't actually heard anything by them though. recommend me something!!
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I know! My friend who is like suuuper duper into Swans told me about it. I wonder if they will come anywhere reasonably close to me?

I like everything I have heard from "The Great Annihilator." I recommend that.
I've been meaning to get into this band, because I've heard nothing but good things. What's a good starting point?
All of Swans' music have a pretty varied sound so it's pretty tough. However, I recommend starting off with Soundtracks for the Blind followed by White Light From the Mouth of Infinity. The former is really drone and ambient influenced while the second would probably be more of a 'typical' Swans sound. Their earlier stuff is pretty raw and I'm still trying to get into that myself.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by RawPower218
I've been meaning to get into this band, because I've heard nothing but good things. What's a good starting point?

I'd start with "The Great Annihilator". It's probably the best balance between being accessible and providing a solid example of the band's general sound...
The new album.

Oh

My

God

My mind is blown.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
album art :

Was walking down the street, in pouring rain with 'you ****ing people make me sick' exploding into my ears.

****ing righteous.
Just saw it announced that they are playing here in the next few weeks.

They seem like a great band, but i dunno is it worth the €25 to me at the moment.

Can anyone reccomend a starting point for them, to justify the gig?
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Just saw it announced that they are playing here in the next few weeks.

They seem like a great band, but i dunno is it worth the €25 to me at the moment.

Can anyone reccomend a starting point for them, to justify the gig?

Believe me, they are worth every penny. They are a legendary band, one of the first extreme bands, embedded in industrial, noise, folk and post-rock. Check out their newest album, My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope in the Sky, but i'd say skip the first song at first as it's one of the less accessible songs on the album, unless you want to spin the entire thing, which I recommend you do.