My dad was working somewhere near a music pawn shop, and he found a fender mim telecaster there for about $180. I've always wanted a tele (american preferred) but this seems like a good deal, and I wouldn't get the money for an american one for a looooong time.

He says its pretty much brand new, so I ask is this a good deal for a mexican tele, and is there really that big of a difference between american and mexican?

thanks for any help
Guitars:
-Schecter C-1 Plus
-MIM Tele
Amp:
-Vox AD50VT
Pedals:
-Dunlop Crybaby
-Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion
-Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger

Hopefully more to come.
Also make sure it isnt a squire.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
That's a good deal if it's a MIM Fender Tele. I have seen them as low as $250 but that's pretty rare or the guitar is beat up. The USA models have some better hardware etc but check it out, if it's in good shape that's a good deal.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
people always rag on mexi fenders

theres not much a difference except:

-one less fret
-cheaper finish
-not always set up perfectly [intonation, action]
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Yeah, he says it's basically brand new and it plays well so I'm definately gonna go for it.

Thanks everyone.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-1 Plus
-MIM Tele
Amp:
-Vox AD50VT
Pedals:
-Dunlop Crybaby

Hopefully more to come.
go for it. im getting a MIM tele as soon as my income tax check comes. im getting mine for $325 used. its got a fixed dent in the butt and thats about it. the guy who owned it before me works at the music store and he put some lindy fralins and a seymour duncan in it. i love the guitar and i dont see any problem with it. for $180 go for it.
rather then saying "wrong thread," i will say GO FOR IT! i love me some teles.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Super deal. I recently sold one for $180 because I had put a Bigsby on it and took it off leaving some holes in it. Although I did put a Wilkinson Ashtray bridge on it. Sold immediately on CL. So I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pristine one for that price. You can't lose.
and with the prices up so high today its a steal to get em in great condition for way less than half. later down the road you may regret not buying it when you had the chance
Quote by fly135
Super deal. I recently sold one for $180 because I had put a Bigsby on it and took it off leaving some holes in it. Although I did put a Wilkinson Ashtray bridge on it. Sold immediately on CL. So I wouldn't hesitate to buy a pristine one for that price. You can't lose.

what bigsby did you use?
Did you like it?
i was thinking of putting one in my soon coming MIM tele

great deal, what color is it?
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
It's white, with a white pickguard and maple neck.

I think I might switch out the white pickguard for a black one, should look good.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-1 Plus
-MIM Tele
Amp:
-Vox AD50VT
Pedals:
-Dunlop Crybaby

Hopefully more to come.
Quote by Clutch32192
what bigsby did you use?
Did you like it?
i was thinking of putting one in my soon coming MIM tele
The bridge that came with the B5 sucked. You really need to use a roller bridge. The Bigsby pulled the outside strings towards the middle and the small ridges in the B5 bridge were useless for holding the strings. It had loose screws in the saddle that wouldn't stay put and saddles ended up tilting and constantly needing adjustment. I could of used loctite but the quality frustrated me so I took it off and sold it.