When i pick, i usually have my hand either on the bridge or behind it on the strings. Should i stop doing that? because i like to play with my guitar pretty low, so i cant have my hand there when i'm standing up, but i cant pick very fast when my hand is floating above the strings.

just need some advice, should i practice with just floating or should i raise my guitar more?
You won't be able to pick fast or alternative pick very well. So you can anchor, but it won't help you in the long run. Just start practising not anchoring
Experiment, nothing is good unless someone somewhere makes it good, there's this guy who played with clapton who played his guitar reversely-stringed, no point but eh, if you like it what's stopping you.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Sometimes i anchor sometimes I don't. I suggest practicing without anchoring and see what comes out more comfortable for you. I play with my guitar high up around the bottom of ribs because thats where I can move around the fret board more. I've heard alot of people say that anchoring is bad for you, but I've seen Synyster Gates and Zakk Wylde do it.

Endstate, stick with what's more comfortable
It's okay to have your hand resting on the body of the guitar, so long as your hand is loose, and it isn't locked into one place.

Anchoring is really only when you're hand is locked to the body of the guitar at one specific point.

So no you don't want your hand to be floating over the strings, that just doesn't work. but neither do you want your hand to be locked in place, or putting any pressure down onto the guitar.

Basically as long as your entire hand can freely move around, then you're okay.
i anchor when i play fast on the low e, i dont when i play on high e. its pretty much comfort and personel preference. paul gilbert anchors and he shreds
^ I don't think Paul gilbert anchors actually (IIRC). I think he has perfect technique, so his hand is floating. TBH there are a lot of good guitarists who anchor, but I don't think Paul does.
Well when I say floating I mean no fingers are anchoring. Which is what I always think of as anchoring
Quote by ~Max~
^ I don't think Paul gilbert anchors actually (IIRC). I think he has perfect technique, so his hand is floating. TBH there are a lot of good guitarists who anchor, but I don't think Paul does.

i think ud be suprised...i remember seeing a video where he talks about anchoring....cant find it tho,