In a few hours I will be ordering this.

An Ibanez S670FM. I know the general opinion on these are very good, but I just want to check one last time - is there anything else I should consider? Or should I just go for it?
Budget? Genre(s)? Tone(s)?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Piece of ****. One of the guitarists in my band has one and it is the most awful thing I have ever heard. and the middle pup constantly gets in the way. Tremolo system is mediocre at best and the pups are muddy and have horrible tone.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
Does it Suit all your playing styles (genre's, lead or rhythm, etc)
Does it have everything you need/want (tremolo, right pickups, etc.)
Schecter Sunset Custom FR
ESP LTD Ex-50
Vox VT50
Boss SD-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Macbook Pro, Alesis GuitarLink, Logic Studio 9
Quote by ACFCPatrick
Piece of ****. One of the guitarists in my band has one and it is the most awful thing I have ever heard. and the middle pup constantly gets in the way. Tremolo system is mediocre at best and the pups are muddy and have horrible tone.

You sure it's this model? Because that's a pretty bad review for a guitar that costs half a grand.

Anyway, yes I've played it. It'd be used for Satriani, Vai, Paul Gibert type music and my budget is £500.
Do whatever you like, man. I've never owned one, but I played one at GC. It felt good, sounded good, but nothing amazing. For that cash, if you are still sketchy, check out some Schecters or some other Ibanez models. I'm not too fond of the pups on that model, but it's all opinion.

If you like it, go for it man.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I played one a while ago through a nice ENGL amp and it was awesome; it played very well, the pickups sounded great and I didn't notice any obvious flaws.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Tomaz24
You sure it's this model? Because that's a pretty bad review for a guitar that costs half a grand.

Anyway, yes I've played it. It'd be used for Satriani, Vai, Paul Gibert type music and my budget is £500.

yup and our guitarist had to pay like $700 US for it. it really isn't worth the money. save up a bit more and buy a nice ESP with seymour duncans in it.

I have played this guitar many times and it just doesn't compare to guitars of similar price and style.
Quote by StillSoundRG
Quote by ACFCPatrick

Either:
1. You have no idea what you're talking about
2. Your guitarist's amp sucks
3. Your guitarist can't set up a guitar
4. Your guitarist bought a dud
Last edited by NightmareXT at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by NightmareXT
Either:

I'm going out on a fly here, and say all four except the last.

TS, you can't do much wrong with the S-series (Unless you of course have no idea what you're talking about, have a bad amp and can't properly set a guitar up).
Quote by NightmareXT
Either:

actually I do know what I am talking about. both myself and that guitaris have Line 6 Flextone III amps. (contrary to popular opinion you can get quite nice tone out of these amps.) anyways I have a ESP LTD MH-1000 with EMG's and a Floyd Rose. With both of our amps set to identical settings and even slightly rolling back my volume to compensate for the extra gain my guitar sounds better every time. Our third guitaris has a jackson x series model. (~$450) it has seymour duncan licensed pickups and a floyd rose licensed tremolos and it sounds way better than that ibanez. the only think the ibanez has on the jackson is that it's neck has a bit of a better feel to it imo. if you want to hear my guitar tone go to youtube.com/user/amaranthinagony.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I have an S520 and i f**king love it! Get the S or maybe even save up for a 24 fret prestige?
the simple solution to this is just buy a nicer guitar. it'll pay off more in the end.
Quote by StillSoundRG
yeah
save up and get a schecter ^^
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Quote by ACFCPatrick
actually I do know what I am talking about. both myself and that guitaris have Line 6 Flextone III amps. (contrary to popular opinion you can get quite nice tone out of these amps.) anyways I have a ESP LTD MH-1000 with EMG's and a Floyd Rose. With both of our amps set to identical settings and even slightly rolling back my volume to compensate for the extra gain my guitar sounds better every time. Our third guitaris has a jackson x series model. (~$450) it has seymour duncan licensed pickups and a floyd rose licensed tremolos and it sounds way better than that ibanez. the only think the ibanez has on the jackson is that it's neck has a bit of a better feel to it imo. if you want to hear my guitar tone go to youtube.com/user/amaranthinagony.

Well then, your guitarist has bought the wrong guitar. You're not going to want this guitar if you're going to do the stuff you're pulling on that YouTube-page - You virtually can't beat Mahogany and EMG's for that. This is a guitar that fits the range between clean rock and maybe some heavy metal/prog.

Also, what's with the 'Save up and get a Schecter'? I mean, seriously... the TS will need better arguments than that.
Quote by ACFCPatrick

Why would you put your amps at identical settings? They're different guitars, probably made out of different woods[EDIT: same woods it seems, but of course the S is super thin], and with different pickups. All sorts of different things about them.
Last edited by I Poke Badgers at Mar 26, 2009,
well its mainly what he likes
not what we like so go ahead
if you like it
buy it
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
nice guitar, i say go for it, only thing you can fault is the pickups and they are average enough for stock pickups and you can always swap em out if you want.
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Quote by satcre3
yeah
save up and get a schecter ^^

Or not.
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom