I am looking for a pedal to give me this tone. I am talking about the distorted tone not the clean tone. I used a JCM 900 amp simulator on it and would like a similar sound from a pedal. I have a Palomino v50 but it can't quite get that tone. What pedals should I be looking at?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
You want the tone from your soundclip on your profile?!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by leondb
You want the tone from your soundclip on your profile?!

lmao my reaction exactly. ???
Zvex Box of rock or that ^
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
if you've got a pretty penny to spend, i've recently fallen in love with the fulltone fulldrive 2 mosfet. check out the clips on proguitarship.com
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
Quote by Skierinanutshel
actually, now that i listen to the clip ( ) i dont think a distortion is all that you are after. sounds like you want a good growly-fuzz. look at the big muff, it may do the trick.

The Rat is somewhere in between a fuzz and a distortion... maybe that could do?
why would you want that tone?!

if you insist...
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
^
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I'm saying it's a horrible tone
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
For that clip I direct recorded my acoustic with my soundhole pickup and used an amp modeler. I want to get similar tone on my amp. My amp sounds close but not quite right, the bass sounds very loose which is good for 75% of what I play (classic rock and blues) but not quite right when I want to go higher gain. I have a big muff already and thats to much fuzz for the specific tone I am looking for.

EDIT: I am talking about the tone that starts about 2 min in, not the first distorted part.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Last edited by lbj273 at Mar 26, 2009,
Awesome thats what I needed to know, is there a way I could tighten up the bass for now until I can afford the CB?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

I thought I remembered something about a tubescreamer helping tighten up bass, I have a Digitech Screamin' Blues would this work and how would I go about setting it if it did?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

yup
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

It doesnt have a mids control, just treble and bass, will it still work well as an OD in the loop as well?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020