Hey.
im getting a new guitar for my birthday(may).
but i dont know what to gett????
i already have a Usa Fender Stratocaster but i would like a guitar that will give a good metallica-ish tone.
i can spend up to around £200.
any suggestions?
obviously something with humbuckers, preferably the ones with hi gain. Look for Ibanez / Jackson or stuff like that.. Not sure, cause i'm not in taht kinda music much.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
id look at schecter, they have good guitars in that range
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
200 Euros?

Just buy some nice effect pedals man, it's better than buying a cheap quality guitar. If that's simply not an option, Schecters make nice models in that range.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
i really like the look of the ESP M-50 i can see one for £185. is this a good guitar???
If you can save up a bit more the wasburn X-50pro http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/x50-pro/67531

that has got really good reviews.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
well I think Kirk hammett mainly uses ESP guitars or he did use a flying V and a jackson however these are usually over the money your looking to spend (from where I am anyway).

I think you could pick up a cheap ESP from somewhere. ESP LTDs are probably what you want to be looking for (you want to be looking for humbuckers as single coils on your strat wont have a heavy enough sound for metallica).

I'm hoping I helped you in some way I've given you a link to guitar amp keyboard with a few guitars within your price range

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/products.php?s=&k=ESP&m=ESP&c=Electric+Guitars&r=%A3100+-+%A3200&x=39&y=4
Last edited by wernit at Mar 26, 2009,
have a look at epiphone's too, they'r not bad ones for your price range. But ESP LTDs are good value for money.