Hey,
I'm a novice here.
I have a Fender Frontman 212 and whenever the overdrive is on it buzzes like crazy!!! and when i turn the treble up above like 3 it buzzes too.

What's wrong with it?
Thanks
Lau
^ it IS the amp.
you cant fix it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The amp is just cheap.

Save, sell it, and get a new one.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Can you go up in budget or is 350 USD your max?

Also, what genres do you play?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Hmm,

as far as a $300 budget goes, I would say a Vox VT30.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-VT30-30W-1x10-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483552

It'll do pop/rock/indie, but you might need a pedal or two.

Maybe a Peavey Vypyr 75 (if in a band situation, which i assume you are if you have a 100 watt amp. If not, get a smaller one, you won't need all 75 watts, i assure you)

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482910

But you'll need a footswtich if you like switching a lot.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Sanpera-I-Guitar-Footswitch?sku=152022

Pretty versatile.

If for some weird reason you're set on 100 watts and up, you can save up and get a crate flexwave:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-FW120-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481052
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Why are people recommending that he sell it when it's clearly broken?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic

exactly my thoughts
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by theoreticmusic

That does seem to be the M.O. around here....but to try to actually help (try being the operative word) I would check all of your connections (start with a new instrument cable) and work up to checking to see if some of the solder has come loose. It seems to me that I read somewhere that the soldering was an issue on these amp (but I could just be making that up...)
Quote by theoreticmusic

and quoted one more time for truth. who would want to buy a broken amp?

TS - the amp may be 'broken', but it can be fixed most likely. take it to a tech in your area and see what they think. off the top of my head i can not say what it is, and it may be a bad pot or wire somewhere on the EQ panel, which would be an easy fix.
Fender's normally have 2 years warranty, so you could go get it fixed by returning it to the store.
(p.s. is no one reading 'his' username? :P)
Dude, I get the same problem on my Fender Frontman 25R which I bought about 2 weeks ago. It does the same buzz thing. If you guys say it's broken I might ring the shop and explain and ask if I can get a refund (and buy a roland cube).
It's probably not the amp, more likely your cable or guitar.
Try a new cable, if that doesn't work then check the ground connection to the guitar's bridge by using a multimeter (set to read ohms) and touching one contact on the strings and the other on the side of the jack.
If you get a reading of infinity, you will need to resolder the ground connections in the guitar.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Well yeah, but I haven't exactly been pleased with this amp to be honest. I'd rather have a roland cube. There's alot of reasons I haven't been pleased: the drive sucks, they sent me an american power supply plug (when I needed a european one), etc. etc.