Whenever I play any of the four strings on my bass on the 14th fret, I get this annoying buzzing noise. >_< It's especially irritating when I'm doing bends (i.e. second half of Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)) and it just massacres it. With distortion and wah it's not TOO bad, but I don't have either of those at my house, since those are my friends.

My question is: Is this something that's wrong with my bass or can it be easily fixed?
Quote by JenoUnion
Whenever I play any of the four strings on my bass on the 14th fret, I get this annoying buzzing noise. >_< It's especially irritating when I'm doing bends (i.e. second half of Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)) and it just massacres it. With distortion and wah it's not TOO bad, but I don't have either of those at my house, since those are my friends.

My question is: Is this something that's wrong with my bass or can it be easily fixed?
Try making the saddles higher that are on the bridge and check the curvature. The neck should only have a very slight curve.
Fender FSR Standard Jazz Bass(Sapphire Blue finish!!)
Squier VM TB Bass
Squier Precision Bass(heavily modified)
Behringer 180 Watt Combo<--My EQ pedal made this sound decent O_o until I get my Gallien-Krueger half stack
Your bass is ****ed!!!!

So's mine!!

But seriously try adjusting the saddle hight! If that doesn't do it you may have to fork out for a techy to fix it! Also what kinda bass is it?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
dude i have the same thing. it soooooo messes up anistasia, and a few primus solos too. it sucks
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by gunners fan
Your bass is ****ed!!!!

So's mine!!

But seriously try adjusting the saddle hight! If that doesn't do it you may have to fork out for a techy to fix it! Also what kinda bass is it?

I've been thinking of just doing that, since I'm really not that good at dealing with that kind of stuff on my guitars. My old one got stolen, but it was messed up from when I tried the first time...

And it's a Rogue LX200BL 4-string. Doubt being left-handed even matters, but you never know. :P

Quote by primusclaypool1
dude i have the same thing. it soooooo messes up anistasia, and a few primus solos too. it sucks

Yeah, it really sucks. >_< The part right around 3:01 on the master track that's like a little solo fill (if it can be called it, since the whole thing is a bass solo), it has a bend near the end of it that sounds grotesque with my bass without the distorted wah.
Mine does that a lot, I dont know it could be strings, the fretboard, i dont know but its really annoying!
My Gear:

Epiphone Limited Edition '66 G-400 SG
Fender Standard P Bass
Ampeg BA115
Boss Metal Zone Pedal
Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy Analog Delay