im building a ruby amp, and i was wondering whats the best kind of speaker to use, ive heard that the best is to use a speaker made for guitar amps, but i dont want to spend alot of money on this cuz its just practice amp, any suggestions would be great
Quote by sorefingers23
im building a ruby amp, and i was wondering whats the best kind of speaker to use, ive heard that the best is to use a speaker made for guitar amps, but i dont want to spend alot of money on this cuz its just practice amp, any suggestions would be great

Alright, but don't go around saying the amp sucks, then. You'd be surprised what a good speaker will do to an amp. I made a Squier Sidekick sound GOOD through some old Kenwood speakers.

At the very least, you could spend the money and use the speaker for the ruby, then use it on some other amp or project later. It's not like you HAVE to use it ONLY for this thing.
The Ruby costs $5 in parts. I wouldn't go spending much money on a speaker for it.

I mounted a little 3" speaker right on the top of the enclosure in my Ruby. Of course it dosent sound great. But its 1/2W and a practice amp, for when its late at night.
i believe they are capable of driving a 2x12

i would just pick up an eminence for relatively cheap (relatively, celestion) and build a cool little cab, sounds fun, maybe even cooler than the amp

warehousespeakers.com, ive heard some good things
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."