My new guitar has this problem. On certain frets, so far only on the unwound treble strings, the fretted note will fade out very quickly and go into a harmonic. Some frets the note will just die in less than a second, really not acceptable on an Ibanez Prestige guitar. Is the neck in need of adjustment or what? Maybe the action is too low on the first three strings? The guitar is practically brand new from Ebay, no scratches, dents or any sort of damage at all.

Anyone have this problem before?
Last edited by mechanik at Mar 26, 2009,
i sorta did but i found out i had the tone knob on full ><
is that your problem?
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Get it set up, its not a tone knob problem, it cant be, its a prestige model. Go to a store and say tell them your problem.
The Snaggle Toothed Pirate
yeah what he said ^^
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Naw man I haven't had any troubles with mine.
Get it checked out I guess...
Quote by mechanik
My new guitar has this problem. On certain frets, so far only on the unwound treble strings, the fretted note will fade out very quickly and go into a harmonic. Some frets the note will just die in less than a second, really not acceptable on an Ibanez Prestige guitar. Is the neck in need of adjustment or what? Maybe the action is too low on the first three strings? The guitar is practically brand new from Ebay, no scratches, dents or any sort of damage at all.

Anyone have this problem before?

New guitar? Have you tried messing the EQ and gain, in order to accomodate the (possibly) different wood/pups?

If yes to both, then it could very well be a setup problem. In that case, search the web (*cough* Ibanezrules.com *cough*) for hints and guidelines on setting up guitars, and try to find out what's wrong yourself. If you find you can't find/fix yourself, THEN take it to the tech. It's not worth spending money on something you later find you could do yourself.