Hey guys! I was going to post this in the pit but I'm actually after serious help!

Anywayz I'm wondering what is the cheapest I'd be able to track down a Fender (not Squire!!!) Standard P-Bass? I'd prefer to get it from within Australia but if it'd be cheaper to import I'm all for that as well! Anyway the cheapest I've found so far within Australia is $825 (On Special) @ Basscentre.com.au.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Hey guys! I was going to post this in the pit but I'm actually after serious help!

Anywayz I'm wondering what is the cheapest I'd be able to track down a Fender (not Squire!!!) Standard P-Bass? I'd prefer to get it from within Australia but if it'd be cheaper to import I'm all for that as well! Anyway the cheapest I've found so far within Australia is $825 (On Special) @ Basscentre.com.au.

There really isn't a whole lot of difference between Fender and Squire except the name.
Just look for a cheap used mim pbass, shouldn't be hard they are all over the place in the US.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by Saint Scarhand
There really isn't a whole lot of difference between Fender and Squire except the name.

& Quality!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
& Quality!!

My Squire J bass feels the same or better than all MIM J basses ive played. I set mine up properly and adjusted the neck so there is no fret buzz but is still quite a nice instrument.

Look into the Squire VM series, they are very nice basses for the money.
Regarding Fender Quality (prior to upgrades/pro set-up):

Squier Infinity Models < 90's Squier < late 80's Squier (MIJ) = 90's Fender MIM < Squier VM/CV = Current Fender MIM < Fender MIJ (import) < 90's Fender MIA < Current Fender MIA < Fender CIJ (non-import) < Fender MIA Deluxe

This is all just my own opinion. I will not bring vintage Fenders into this as I personally don't see their "apparent superiority" and I am not willing to argue with those who view them as the "be all and end all" of electric basses.

To TS, for a cheap P-bass you might want to look into SX. They are great basses for the money and with a few upgrades they can give most Fenders a run for their money.

BeastEdit: If you're deadset on Fender, there are MIM and MIJ/CIJ (the MIJ/CIJ being far superior IMO) selling on eBay daily for between $300 and $700 dollars + shipping.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Last edited by Beast_Within at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by Saint Scarhand

I would pee on you if the internet weren't in my way.

In anycase, best I can suggest: Ebay, man. Today I almost snagged a Fender Strat Deluxe for $250 (I got outbid at the last minute, it sold for around $260 with $20 shipping). Ebay can be a god, as long as you don't mind the possibility of receiving junk.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.