Sup guys, ive been listening to them lightly for years now but lately ive really been listening to them and realized how great they are. what do you guys think
I only have No Control and The Empire Strikes First but I love both of them. It's cool how their so hardcore (particularly the earlier stuff) but so damn intelligent at the same time.

Plus Greg Graffin is from Wisconsin
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Amazing band. Seen them 3 times (London and Dublin x2) and they really seem to enjoy playing Dublin so I'm hoping they come back soon. They are not the tightest live band but they generate such energy and the work rate is unmatched. I regard Brooks Whackerman as the best technical drummer in the world. He needs to be to keep that pace going without killing himself.
I especially like the last three albums but the earlier stuff is good too.
At my age I get some odd looks from the young guys but when they see my '83 crossbuster shirt, their mouths drop. My wife always has a chat with Jay Bentley before a show 'cos he comes outside in Dublin to get some air after soundcheck.
Good to know there are a few fans among these metalheads.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I think the first album is god ****ing awful. Dear me, after all I'd heard about it being the best one it sounds like the builders outside my bedroom window. Of course, I'm exaggerating, although you can tell they were young and just starting out. My favourite album is No Substance but I really like Stranger Than Fiction and The Empire Strikes First too.
The only album I have by them is How Could Hell Be Any Worse? plus a bunch of their more popular songs that a friend put on a mix CD for me a long time ago. It would be fantastic if someone could tell me what their best albums are. I've been told Suffer is a good one to check out?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I can listen to all of their albums, I have my favourites..........honestly I didn´t listen to them for a long time now, but I can still call them a decent band apart from Into the Unknown, that´s a really boring album.......live I can just recommend them
I think that No Control, Generator, How Could Hell be Any Worse, Against the Grain and Suffer are all classics. Greg's voice is easily my favorite punk rock voice of all time. I think that they changed the shape of punk rock completely, and are easily in my top 5-10 favorite bands of all time. I can't wait for the new album!
Bad Religion are great, but I don't listen to them that much anymore.

BTW, inb4 webcam joke
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I think I'm the only one who think New America is their best album.
If you see a poor child, don't give a fish, give him a guitar.
Legends
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Personally Stranger than Fiction is my favorite BR album. And the 3 they've made since Brett came back have been amazing. I highly suggest all of their albums , but avoid the albums Grey Race , No substance and New America until you've heard the rest. Without Gurewtiz to split song writing with Greg wrote a lot of songs that would never have made it onto the other albums. Better to hear their best work first than get turned off by a few sub-par albums and miss out on a great band.
Against The Grain is one of the greatest albums of all time. Fact.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I have their Self Titled EP, How Could Hell Be Any Worse?, The Process of Belief, and New Maps of Hell.
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Mar 28, 2009,
the early stuff is better. the new material is so ridculously boring.

no control is a decent album, in fact anything up until that point is alright, and the gray race is a catchy album.

used to love them growing up.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Yeah they sold out by signing to that major label.

**** off.

next your going to tell me D.I. arent sell outs?
D.I. aren't sell outs, they've just become painfully sh*tty. In fact, I think Ancient Artifacts was the only decent album they ever made, and half the songs are crap.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Last edited by RizzoWashburn at Mar 28, 2009,
^^^

they totally sold out
they kicked chckn out of the band, after having a benefit show to raise money for his cancer treatment, because he "couldnt play well enough for them" cuz he was too weak from all his chemo therapy
they wanted to get all big and popular and **** and gave him the boot
right after his wife divorced him, leaving him in a ****ty situation
they put out a terrible album on some new ****ty record label

basically what im tryin to say is DI forgot all their ideals, and are now in it for the money and the fame
I guess you're right then. My opinion of them is based only on their music.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Quote by 5cent Slut
^^^

they totally sold out
they kicked chckn out of the band, after having a benefit show to raise money for his cancer treatment, because he "couldnt play well enough for them" cuz he was too weak from all his chemo therapy
they wanted to get all big and popular and **** and gave him the boot
right after his wife divorced him, leaving him in a ****ty situation
they put out a terrible album on some new ****ty record label

basically what im tryin to say is DI forgot all their ideals, and are now in it for the money and the fame

How the **** does any of that mean selling out? It measn they acted like douchebags yes, it doesn't mean however, that they are sellouts. And whether they're in it for money depends on your own interpretation of things.
Bad Religion isn't my total favorite, but some of their songs are damn awesome.

I have the whole Stranger than Fiction album, and I also have individually purched songs (Against the Grain and Social Suicide.)

Best songs by them in my opinion:
1. Tiny Voices
2. Inner Logic
3. Infected
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by devourthekitten
The only bad religion is a dead one.

Wait...

hahahaha i just watched that movie hella drunk like a couple weeks ago.

I'm glad i caught the reference
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present