so I need help. how do i convince/motivate my bandmates to be more into the band? I play lead, and i have a rhythm guitarist and an incredible bassist the wont do much. they are NOT very motivated, how do i change this? BTW, I write most of the songs (minus some of the basslines). Thanks in advance!
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

I'm finding new ways to make the same mistakes,
putting my dreams onto paper and then folding them into planes,
then I let them go because when in Rome,
I set fire to what I love the most.

Last edited by GSD N3 at Mar 26, 2009,
Try getting a drummer then getting a gig and play a few covers
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.
problem is not motivated enough to have practices to be able to play a gig.

EDIT: should i just replace them? get people that might be more motivated?
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

Last edited by GSD N3 at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by GSD N3
problem is not motivated enough to have practices to be able to play a gig.

EDIT: should i just replace them? get people that might be more motivated?

What does this mean?

But yea, try to find people with more open schedules.
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Remind them that being a performing musician will get them lots of trim, even if they are ugly or have no game.

It's "band geek" revenge - go be a rock star, and get more tail than your high school football team could pull down on their best day.

Seriously.

If they already have girlfriends and band practice is pulling them away from "special time", then you will be fighting a losing battle.

Outside of that, find what personally motivates them to play, and determine if the band's success can satisfy their personal need. It works better to tap into someone's motivational center rather than having to tell them they are slack dead weight.
Get a drummer, get a gig, and go bowling as a band or another group bounding activity/experiences. Also Set goals.
Quote by cheapr2keepr
Remind them that being a performing musician will get them lots of trim, even if they are ugly or have no game.

It's "band geek" revenge - go be a rock star, and get more tail than your high school football team could pull down on their best day.

Seriously.

If they already have girlfriends and band practice is pulling them away from "special time", then you will be fighting a losing battle.

Outside of that, find what personally motivates them to play, and determine if the band's success can satisfy their personal need. It works better to tap into someone's motivational center rather than having to tell them they are slack dead weight.

Great advice! I'll tell the rhythm guitarist that we can cover A7X, in order to get him to play the band's stuff... hmmm... that wouldn't work out too well, actually. but yeah i get what you mean. But seriously, great advice.
Quote by witchhammer
you, sir, are terrible.

If you haven't got anyone on drums the band will sound very flat, and you'll have trouble getting much enthusiasm out of band members and audiences alike. Drummers = energy, and it's astonishing how much they can change the sound of a band.
surprised no one replied on it yet: you say you write most of the songs.
ask if they might have any material or if they want to write something together, maybe that would help get them more into it.