I am probably going to get this guitar tomarrow and i wondered what you guys thought about it. I want a good metallica sound and i have a ltd f-250 with soon to be emg 60/81. And if you dont like it suggest another amp(no line 6 spider).
First of all, it's an amp, not a guitar. But i'm sure that was a typo.

The preamp tube really makes an extremely small difference in it's tone, so don't be suckered by the hybrid marketing point of it. I own one (the first run of the Valvetronix series), and I like it, but use it mainly in my room for practicing alt rock and grunge, plus blues and classic rock. It can get an early Metallica sound (Kill Em All, maybe Ride The Lightning).

Honestly if you want a versatile modeling amp that can do modern and classic metal out of the box, check out the Peavey Vypyr (I know i give it a lot of praise, but it earns every word).

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

And here's its footswitch:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Sanpera-I-Guitar-Footswitch?sku=152022

Or the bigger footswitch:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Sanpera-II-Guitar-Footswitch?sku=152021
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I have one. It's an amazing amp that can cope with pretty much anything, the effects are good and the pre-sets are really useful.

The only thing I'd suggest is getting a footswitch too, theyre about £20 but if you already have one then just use that.

But the usual rule applies, try it before you get it, just to be sure.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

+1 to what Cullen said, the Vox is nice, but it works best for low gain music (the AC models on it are the bomb). For high gain, the Vypyr is a tad better. Best would be to try out both if you can.

There is no point in using actives with either amp by the way, so don't waste 200 bucks on EMGs. Take your time and play whatever amp you get with your guitar's stock pups and if you decide that you still need other pups, look at passives.
ive played the valvetronix series and the vyper series. personally i like the vox better (im buying one for home practice). Play both and see how you like it. i personally prefer the valvetronix over the viper but thats just my opinion. also try out the Roland Cube series. They are great little practice amps. i hear they handle metal better than the other two. all in all just play all three of em and see what you like better and what fits you best
Quote by TheQuailman
+1 to what Cullen said, the Vox is nice, but it works best for low gain music (the AC models on it are the bomb). For high gain, the Vypyr is a tad better. Best would be to try out both if you can.

There is no point in using actives with either amp by the way, so don't waste 200 bucks on EMGs. Take your time and play whatever amp you get with your guitar's stock pups and if you decide that you still need other pups, look at passives.

+1 to what Qual said about Actives. Active pickups are really meant for a high gain tube amp.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss