Im working on Time by pink Floyd and am having trouble understanding the key changes toward the end of solo, i know the main part is f sharp minor but i am getting lost toward the end. its like he slides back down the neck and is in f sharp minor then it goes to e major but that doesnt really make sense either. please help if you know what i'm sayin
If it sound good then it doesn't have to make sense.

Is the key E major? F# minor is the 2nd degree of E major so it sounded like he's playing in Dorian mode and then end on key.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker

Is the key E major? F# minor is the 2nd degree of E major so it sounded like he's playing in Dorian mode and then end on key.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Money isn't in dorian, so you can throw that thought right out of your head. Money doesn't sound modal, and that's because it isn't. If E Major is in fact what the song modulates to, than it's just a modulation a whole step down into a major key.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Money isn't in dorian, so you can throw that thought right out of your head. Money doesn't sound modal, and that's because it isn't. If E Major is in fact what the song modulates to, than it's just a modulation a whole step down into a major key.

Who's talking about money dumbass.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Its been a long time since Ive played this song, but I think the part your talking about is there it goes D A D A C#m Bm A

So Id just say A

Its been a while though. Could be wrong
Quote by OldRocker
Who's talking about money dumbass.

He's right either way. If the song is in E major, then it's in E major. Modes don't enter into it at all.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by OldRocker

Time isn't in E major, it's in F#minor.. the song isn't modal.

I think in the chorus it switches to A major, it's been a while since i've analyzed the song