I need to know which one is better between the two? I'm going to guitar center on friday and I don't know which one too choose, because there have been mixed reviews about both. I have a $40 budget. I play classic rock, rock, and metal so which would fit me best?
amp???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
there both very good pedals, reliable and sound great, only you can decide what sound you want, either way you'll be making a good choice
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I personally like the Jackhammer a lot more than the DS-1, but they're both good pedals. If you get the DS-1, get a Keeley mod for it also.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I personally like the Jackhammer a lot more than the DS-1, but they're both good pedals. If you get the DS-1, get a Keeley mod for it also.

Why so?
the jackhammer is more versatile, my lil bro has one. The OD sounds wayyy better than the Distortion channel IMO, never played a DS-1 so I can't help you there.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Guys, keep in mind I'm using a Line 6 Spider III amp (I know its not a great amp but it's all I've got ) Does this change your opinions at all?
Quote by IbanezGRX40man
Why so?

Mostly because I found it to have a wider range than the DS-1. The DS-1 has one or two very good sounds, but it's also a very trebly and fairly thin pedal stock. If you don't like the tone on Nevermind (the best example I know of a DS-1), you won't like a DS-1. Where as the Jackhammer is the only cheap distortion pedal which I found allows you to really play with a few different sounds.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Yes, your amp does change things.

If you use a distortion pedal with a Spider (or any modeling amp), it will just make it sound worse.
Quote by Cathbard
doesnt change my opinion, my bro plays the same amp. Allthough I wouldnt get either with your situation. The jackhammer sounds like the crunch channel when played through the clean channel. Do you have the footswitch for your amp? If not I suggest you buy that first, the big one with 4 buttons and the volume/wah pedal not the small one.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}