there is a used H&K Vortex near me used for $89. Good deal? I played it today and didn't mind how it sounded. Clean was pretty solid dirty was meh.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
89$ is a pretty amazing deal on it, if it's in good shape. It's a pretty solid ss amp I think. Nothing too fancy, but okay sounding.
Most amps are a steal at $89, the H&K is a pretty good SS amp. I haven't played one, but I've heard clips.

How many watts?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I don't know how many watts but I'm gonna sell m y backup valvestate for it.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I don't know the exact wattage either, but those were rather big combos and 100w heads I think. Thing is, the Vortex is a lot different than the Valvestate. The latter focuses on crunch sounds, while the Vortex only does absolutely clean sounds und metal distortion, no inbetweens. You gotta know yourself whether that is what you want...
My VS can do some pretty br00tal sounds on OD2 if you crank it.

They've got to be the most underrated amps out there.

TS- Do you need to sell it, or can you have both? $90 isn't much...
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I REALLY dislike the VS, I think it's so much worse than the AVT, and I don't think the AVT is anywhere close to being good in the first place. Matter of taste I figure.

TS, I just checked, the combos are 80w, the head is 100w. Easily gigging volume.
I love my VS. I got it for $200 and a camera phone, and it'll do just fine until I can afford a Marshall Major.
Quote by Cathbard
My valvestate is fine until cranked, but it is nowhere near brutal. I would just use it for recording or practice. My peavey will be used for gigging/band practice. Anyway, I don't see what the point of having 2 heads and one cab is, so I'm eventually gonna sell my VS. And if I do, I'll be going for the Vortex.