I'm trying to find an amp thats in a similar vain to a Mesa Boogie, that kind of massive, tight and smoothness
but for far less then they cost over here (UK) £2,000 is a bit much atm

not looking for a clone here, just something a bit similar, for about £1,000-£1,500 at most

a good lush clean channel would be a plus too

EDIT: quite high gain really, looking Dream Theater/Metallica kinda levels
Last edited by Bowe at Mar 26, 2009,
a peavey xxx is what i have, i like it, of course thats how i answer everyones amp question haha, i got the head on ebay $500. I think it was made to sorta simulate a triple rectifier hence the name, it has high gain/good cleans
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
^can't be found in the UK.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Peavey 3120
ENGL PowerBall
Some kind of Laney
Splawn Nitro me thinks???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Laneys are British voiced. Splawns are basically on hot-rodded Marshalls, ergo, British-voiced.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^didnt Metallica used a JCM????
feel free to add me
Yeah. But he says he wants a Mesa or similar. The early Metallica stuff (KEA, RTL) was with a JCM800, but they also used a ProCo Rat for a lot of distortion. For MOP, they used a Mesa preamp into a JCM800.
Quote by Cathbard
^ohhh OK.
i guess a Peavey 3120 can imitate a mesa
feel free to add me