Page 1 of 2
Yes, and it sucks just like all the other school books. That rock falling on Piggys head was the only good thing.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
I had to read it for English. I thought it was horrible when I first read it but when I reread it in more depth, it was pretty good.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Jericho114
Yes, and it sucks just like all the other school books. That rock falling on Piggys head was the only good thing.

Stupid fatass, I like how the author makes it like governments, Dictatorship and Democracy, I assume you read this in some sort of government class?
Quote by Comrade Curry
Stupid fatass, I like how the author makes it like governments, Dictatorship and Democracy, I assume you read this in some sort of government class?

No, actually, it was in my honors english class. But we are talking about the whole governments thing. I just love everything relating to Simon. Pretty much... well, the first half of the book was meh. As soon as that dead guy parachutes in, it becomes awesome.
I thought it was pretty good. I should probably read it again b/c I rushed through and cannot remember much.
That, The Great Gatsby, and Animal Farm are probably my favorite books.
Weekend Warrior
i read it last year for school, i thought it was alright, especially compared to the normally required readings. very thought provoking. i always found it ironic how the fire used to kill ralph actually got them saved. and i always wondered, what would the boys be like after going back, especially after killing off some of them....
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
yeah, for inglansky II
woulda been better if the teach didn't make us focus on all the vague symbolism
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
It's on my list.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by ML_Guitar09

sure is 9th grade english in here
signed,
your favorite poster
I think everyone in an American high school has read this at some point.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by Le_Bunny
I think the real question is, has anybody here read it that hasn't been forced to.

The answer is no. But yes I have read it.

I read it, and it was my own choice. I loved it. Then, I was required to read it and I still loved it.
This is a boring signature. Deal with it.
i read it by choice and i really liked it. that was a few years ago though.
My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Squire Stratocaster
1972 Ovation Pacemaker
Yamaha C40
Taylor Big Baby
Rocktron Banshee Talk Box
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator
Dunlop 535Q Wah Pedal
I read it and thought it was pretty good. This, 1984 and The Picture of Dorian Gray are the best school-required books I've read.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I personally hate the book, and every other book I've ever had to read in English, simply because they force us to over analyze every book into a boring, worthless, over-analyzed, dull, pile of bull sh1t. If I didn't study every ****ing letter in that book 1000 times then yes I could see how it would be a nice book.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
It's a great book, indeed. But maybe posting it in the literature thread? I never really get a response, but maybe you will?

By the way, why would you say that books you read in class aren't very good?
Yeah I read this when I was about ten and I thought it was crap; I never thought people would behave in that sort of way and that the story was ridiculous, unfortunately as I have gotten older, more cynical, and generally depressed with society, I realised the horrific truth the story and the unstoppable natural evil of mankind
Quote by AngryGoldfish
It's a great book, indeed. But maybe posting it in the literature thread? I never really get a response, but maybe you will?

By the way, why would you say that books you read in class aren't very good?

Well, we had to read Great Expectations last year, and that was COMPLETELY boring. We had to read A Tale Of Two Cities earlier this year, and it was also dreadfully boring up until the third book, when everything started coming together. Then it was good.
It was definitely interesting....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Had to read it in year 8 or 9 English. Thought it was a good book. Poor Piggy though.
It's gonna be a blue day
I read it this year and hated it. I probably would've liked it if I hadn't been forced to read it. I had to do a project on it a while back where I had to redo the movie poster with modern characters.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
finished it the other day. took our test on it today for world lit.

ill give it a meh. it couldnt really capture my interest. in that class though we finished reading 1984, and that was amazing (took a while to get started though)

and in senior comp we finished reading The Kite Runner (which was instantly captivating to me), now we're reading 1 book outta 6 choices, and i chose A Brave New World
It's a bit disheartening that I had to analyse the damn thing so much to get any enjoyement out of what Golding was trying to say with novel.

Reading it just as a story about boys getting stuck on an island was terribly boring. Piggys death was the only good part of it.

That, and when we watched the movie and jack yells "Eat **** and die!" to someone.
The best quote is "sucks to your assmar" lol!
BASSES

Yamaha RBX270L Custom Fretless
Traben Tribal Sun 5 L
Fender Custom Jazz Bass L

EFFECTS

BOSS DD-7
BOSS OC-3
BOSS RC-2
BOSS TU-2
Tech 21 Sans Amp Bass Driver DI

AMP

Yorkville XM200 Combo
I read it last year for my Honors English class and it was the only book I really didn't like that we read. It was way to dense for me to get into. Cyrano De Bergerac, Julius Caesar and The Odyssey were my favorites from that class.
i dont understand why people only remember piggy's death when simon got killed so much worse lol
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Ogh I hated that book. Not for the content but for the writing style.. It was so unecessarily hectic and overemphasized everything, making the climactic bits muddled and muted
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by corndog97
i dont understand why people only remember piggy's death when simon got killed so much worse lol

cause he was PIGGY!!!!!
Quote by ML_Guitar09

If you haven't already, you should give Anthem a read.

Also, I haven't read LOTF. I don't know if I want to either.
Last edited by me_llamo_juan at Mar 26, 2009,
one of my favorite books, actually. read it in 7th grade literature class.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Last edited by KGB_INC at Mar 26, 2009,
Page 1 of 2