Hey guys, i got a Fender Strat Starcaster and a SP-10 guitar amp. I ordered a Line 6 Floor POD Plus and i was wondering which amp should i get. My budget is not so high US$300 max. I need an amp of 75 watts or so, which amp would be good for me?
I was checking the Line 6 Spider 3 75 watts, is it a good one? I head that the Line 6 Spider amps doesnt work with the Line 6 Floor POD Plus, is that true?
dont get a spider 3. its not gonna be good for you in the long run. so i suggest you save up a but more and invest in a tube amp. maybe a used one on ebay. peavey classic 30s and valvekings are good.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Look into a small 30w orange combo, not as much watts but the sound s unbeatable
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
check out the peavey bandit, 80 watts and only $300
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
add $50 and Get a B52-AT112
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
You're in a tough spot but the Marshall MG series may help you. The 50 watt series is very loud and works great with pedals. It also has crunch/clean/and two distortion channels with that marshall sound.

Best you can do for 300, a used music shop may let it go for under that.
Quote by rnp2003
You're in a tough spot but the Marshall MG series may help you. The 50 watt series is very loud and works great with pedals. It also has crunch/clean/and two distortion channels with that marshall sound.

nonono, don't get a marshall mg or the line 6 spider you were thinking of. these amps have a terrible reputation around here and for good reason.

are you playing at home or gigging?
what genres of music do you play?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
I play all kind of rock, actually, all styles of music

And i play at home, but some times i play on a friends church and my amp sucks at that, so i want an amp to play at home a for a little gigging.
Last edited by haroldsoto30 at Mar 26, 2009,
^^
Quote by Darth Vader
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

just save for a Vypyr or something.
feel free to add me
^yep
feel free to add me
Quote by haroldsoto30
Thanks, decided to get a Peavey Vypyr 75 75W

I wouldn't have went with a modeling amp if you've already got the floor pod...

EDIT: The Peavey Classic gets my vote if you haven't bought the Vypyr yet....great tones, plus all the effects of your POD. Even the 30 would be loud enough for your purpose.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Mar 26, 2009,
^yeh, its a complete waste to get a modeling amp with a modeling processor. get an epiphone valve jr halfstack, i forgot who it is but theres someone on this board that runs a POD into an epi VJ and he says it sounds great, the tubes really make the modeling shine
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
OTHER OPTION
Sell the Pod and buy a B-52 AT 112
feel free to add me
^this
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
b-52 at-112 on its own would rock
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by rnp2003

what kinda crap advice is that?!

Dude, either go Peavey or B-52.