Poll: Should I sing on a few rough demos?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I sing on a few rough demos?
Yes
11 73%
No
4 27%
Voters: 15.
I need some songs. Alt Rock, Grunge, Classic rock (something that isn't Led Zep or ACDC) or modern rock. Something with very easy vocals since I will be singing temporarily.

I knew a singer but she buggered off along with the drummer so its just me at the moment. I'm trying to set up a myspace page with some rough recordings to attract new members. If I suck at singing (Which I think I do) would I just be scaring away possible band members with my ****ty voice?

Poll coming up (regarding if I should sing.)
Nirvana

/thread
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Wow, that's really, really broad. I'd stay away from classic rock because whenever I think of that I think of insanely high vocals (Lights by Journey, specifically) but I'm sure there's plenty of easier stuff (more singable ranges) like ZZ Top, Van Halen, the Eagles etc. Might try some Nirvana or Pearl Jam if doing grunge, since those have interesting vocals and guitar, and if you can sing and play those at the same time people will be impressed. Plus, Pearl Jam songs work great live, in my experience. Gets the crowd going. I don't listen to alt rock so I can't help you with that.
Queens of the Stone age (early stuff)

Some Melvins (maybe too "heavy" for you?)

Smashing Pumpkins is easy "Alt"

Collective Soul (Probably something you can arrange in a variety of ways).

Third Eye Blind (not a fan but I hear a lot of versions of their songs in a variety of settings)

Sorry if none of these help.
Quote by eaton1012
If your not a singer don't sing on your demo.
/thread

Its not really a demo. Just to show people what stuff I like, how I play and that sort of stuff. I could maybe do it instrumental but thats a bit boring.
As long as your not a terrible singer, go for it. Especially if it's just a low quality home-recorded demo. Just make sure you let it be known on the site that you're not the singer, but you're looking for one.

Suggest me a song thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1049059
Quote by Final !mpact
Its not really a demo. Just to show people what stuff I like, how I play and that sort of stuff. I could maybe do it instrumental but thats a bit boring.

It's a demo to attract other members, but not to get shows or other promotion.