the SE's have great value, I have an SE custom, I think it sounds better then the 1200 dollar Les Paul. But I think a lot of people do, the one thing is all of the SE's have very high output passive pickups.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Other than pups, the stock are meh, they are such good value. I'm not a member of your awesome club though
I have one. Pretty good guitars. The tuners are garbage though.
The resale value is crap, I wish I had spent the money on the used American Strat but whatever.

80th best UGer
PRS makes some excellent guitars! I was considering a CE 22 Custom, but went with a 08 Les Paul Standard instead! CE is still a amazing axe! Highly recommend it!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
The SE series has never really impressed me.The pups were weak,the finished was poor,and they generally felt cheap in my hands.Now,the high end PRS models on the other hand are very nice instruments.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I was about to get one but backed out because of the flat top and trem bridge The thing is beautiful, though
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Found a Santana SE ,mint, in a pawn shop for $260.I love it. I think they take the best attributes of Fenders and Gibsons and combine them in one awesome guitar. I agree the tuners can suck though.