Can anyone name off a few groups that are really bass heavy, but with a psychedelic sound? Not sure of where to post this, if it shouldn't be in the forum could a mod move it? Thanks.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Sleep!

/thread
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Cream. Jack Bruce is psychedelic, epidemic, cybernetic, aurally tonic, tune-o-matic, and an old relic.

Jefferson Aeroplane is pretty sweet too. Vanilla Fudge is really psychedelic.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Pink Floyd, most definately. I've heard a few Funkadelic or Parliament songs that are uber bass-a-licious and psychadelic. Iron Butterfly. Steppenwolf. Grateful Dead is good for far out busy, almost random basslines
Remember who you are, and Who's you are
1960s--Jack Cassady (Jefferson Airplane) comes to mind as does Phil Lesh (Grateful Dead). Check out Spirit and Love as well.

And early Pink Floyd (Sid Barrett-era), Hawkwind and the Easybeats. Status Quo and T Rex also had some early psychedelic moments. More obscure check out the Pink Fairies and the Purple gang.

[edit] The household musicologist insists I also add New Riders of the Purple Sage.
Any era is fine, thanks for the feedback. Maybe some new artists to, that are very minimalist, but at the same time creative.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by the humanity
Cream. Jack Bruce is psychedelic, epidemic, cybernetic, aurally tonic, tune-o-matic, and an old relic.

Jefferson Aeroplane is pretty sweet too. Vanilla Fudge is really psychedelic.

i second this statement, i love Jack Bruce. him and Noel Reddings/Jimi Hendrix basslines go very psychodelic (:
Try adding more delay.
Colour Haze. Amazing 3-piece band with lots of focus on the bassist.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Absolutely, positively nothing beats the completely nonsensical and comically overplayed bass lines of Vanilla Fudge's Tim Bogert.

Watch and try not to learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aWFaZgwerY

If that isn't psychadelic, you don't speak English.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Sleep!

/thread

Sleep is awesome.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic