Saw this guitar and thought about buying it can someone tell me if it is real or a fake gibson. and worth 1050$

you cant really see the headstock, you cant see the serial # either... I wouldn't get it, it could easily be a fake...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
over the internet im gonna go see it in person and was cruious to see if i shuold waste my time ya know
looks beat to hell...whats wrong with the bridge

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
If those are the pictures from a private party ad I would be really suspicious. The items that would help identify it as a real gibson are conspicuously missing. Things like the headstock and the serial number. Those seem like a strange selection of photographs to use for an ad. Especially if you were trying to tout up the fact that is is a "genuine" Gibson. I'd be leary.
looks like its real but the owner routed a slot for a floyd........
i'd look for something instead, like a Tokai, Epiphone Custom, Edwards.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Mar 26, 2009,
that guitar looks like a washed up actor, its obviously a cheap piece of crap, just look at the "bridge" it looks sooo weak and flimsy.
under the bridge looks like it was once filled by a double-locking trem. Don't go for it, bro. It doesn't look legit at all.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']under the bridge looks like it was once filled by a double-locking trem. Don't go for it, bro. It doesn't look legit at all.

I BEG TO DIFFER VIC!!!
A CHALLENGER APPEARS
*cues crappy music*

EDIT: Terrible job, I know. I was rushed.
Attachments:
chances.jpg
Quote by mamosa
I BEG TO DIFFER VIC!!!
A CHALLENGER APPEARS
*cues crappy music*

EDIT: Terrible job, I know. I was rushed.

Dramatic music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ5r3oNFVeE

Anyway, I used to have a picture with that caption, but the picture itself was of an old Chevy Astro with Free Candy spray-painted on the side
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Mar 26, 2009,
Ask the seller to send you some better pics of the headstock and SN.

And about the bridge, the previous owner must have been a Def Leppard fan because that is a Kahler trem route that was (badly) filled.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Here it is:

I got it from the demotivational pics thread and butchered it using ms paint.
That yours, Vic?
If it was real do you think he would of let someone do that ****ty ass job on carving out a spot for a floyd
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Looks ****. You need a better picture of the headstock and serial number to see if it's genuine - and even if it is, it's still ****.
I would not touch that. They ruined the top, If it's a standard then the nobs are supposed to be the tophats and not the speed nobs, and I doubt it was owned by anyone famous so I'd say it has little resale value if it's even real. You could get a new Studio for that price or put a good down payment on a used classic or standard.
Last edited by philwhite at Mar 27, 2009,
If they can't even prove that it is simply a Gibson, don't even ask if it's worth it, because it obviously not bro.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by satcre3
If it was real do you think he would of let someone do that ****ty ass job on carving out a spot for a floyd

It wasn't a Floyd hole. The shape of the routing points to Kahler and none other.

Quote by mamosa
I got it from the demotivational pics thread and butchered it using ms paint.
That yours, Vic?

if only...

me and the kiddies would doing all day
Seriously dont buy it, even with the poor photos that serial number font looks wierd

You could get a far better guitar tbh
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
It appears to me this is a genuine Gibson, but the guitar has been routed for a floyd rose or some other sort of tremolo. This could spell horrible for the tone of the guitar. Below the bridge and tailpiece is prime guitar real-estate
joshuaestock.com