Poll: what is going to happen in 2012?
Poll Options
View poll results: what is going to happen in 2012?
end of world
20 15%
absolutely nothing
113 85%
Voters: 133.
I think this thread is going to be closed
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Not another one of you!

*Noob shield engaged*
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
mass killing based on culture, religion, skin color, sexual orientation, and everything you learn to respect from Barney back in kindergarten

ohhhhh wait, that's nothing new.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

We'll wake up, scratch our nuts (or vaginas), take a sh*t, a shower, shave our faces (or vaginas) go to work. We'll have a sh*tty day, then complain about it before coming home and going to bed. That's what'll happen in 2012.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
There is a scientific basis for the whole 2012 theory. Look it up on the Discovery channel, it'll blow your effin mind.

BASICALLY, the magnetic poles are going to eventually flip and the date is projected to be around December 21st, 2012. This explains Global Warming because the equator is gradually moving to a new location farther north.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by bite_the_bullet
There is a scientific basis for the whole 2012 theory. Look it up on the Discovery channel, it'll blow your effin mind.

BASICALLY, the magnetic poles are going to eventually flip and the date is projected to be around December 21st, 2012. This explains Global Warming because the equator is gradually moving to a new location farther north.

Are you ****ing serious?
Quote by bite_the_bullet

Whatever. It's probably biased as Fox News in order to get attention. People base time around nature, not the other way around.
Haven't the magnetic poles switched a bunch of times in Earth's history? It's not really going to do anything.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

12/21/12.

That's the day my 10% card on merch from Mastodon expires.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I herd dat da mayans sed dat the end of da world was in 2012
D F O I N N T D
T W H O I R S D
Y O O R U
W S I U L C L K
A M S Y S

Quote by ScreamAim&Fire

Beautiful.
XxLloydxX for president!
Even though I'm english..

Want to hear Super Mario Bros Theme on electric rock guitar? SuperMarioBro
BuyMYMusic
SellMusic
Honestly I don't know what will happen

how about we visit the other 12,000 threads that have been made about this topic and see what we can find

It's all just a joke

I'll be a sophomore in college, hopefully.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Quote by bite_the_bullet

dumbest post in the thread.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by strat0blaster
We'll wake up, scratch our nuts (or vaginas), take a sh*t, a shower, shave our faces (or vaginas) go to work. We'll have a sh*tty day, then complain about it before coming home and going to bed. That's what'll happen in 2012.

This. Word for word. This.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by bite_the_bullet

your a moron. Do you know why theres an equator, its not the center line of the earth, its where the sun has the most contact with the earth, since is costantly faceing directly at the sun, not at a slight angle like eveywhere else.
Don't beleive everything you see on the discvery channel, its like beliving that spending money that dosent exist will get a country out of a recession.
Quote by bite_the_bullet

I watched this, but it was a while ago, but i understood that the earth and sun will be in line with the center of the galaxy (on the same plane). We will cross from "under" the plane (of the center of galaxy) to "over" it (I think). nothing will happen. and besides, it takes years to do this, just because of the sheer size of the sun and center of galaxy.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by XxLloydxX
I herd dat da mayans sed dat the end of da world was in 2012

i herd dis 2 itz lyke tr00 i bleive evrE werd

Serious answer:

We'll get on the Pit and talk about where the zombies are.

Actual serious answer:

There will be over 9000 MORE of these threads.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Oh my god. This can't be real! 20 +1+2=23

NO! Not the number 23. Oh damn were all screwed...

According to a Jim Carrey movie, who I hold in higher disregard than the Mayans.

Scary.
Archive this post, check on it the day after "the end of the world":

The week of, and the day of, there will be 3 full pages of just "lieki OMgms! its da enda da werldz!!!!!11"

Mark my words, UG.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by ethan_hanus
your a moron. Do you know why theres an equator, its not the center line of the earth, its where the sun has the most contact with the earth, since is costantly faceing directly at the sun, not at a slight angle like eveywhere else.

Holy shit. The irony is painful.

The equator is the halfway point between the poles, not where the sun hits directly.
Last edited by archangels666 at Mar 26, 2009,
aw damn it you got me wanting to watch the 2012 history channel thing lol its bs though
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by archangels666
Holy shit. The irony is painful.

The equator is the halfway point between the poles, not where the sun hits directly.

sun still hits direclty there though, the earth is on a tilt, and that area is where the sun has the most contact wih the earth. Basic astromony.

And yes the equator is the halfway point between the poles, i dont know what i was thinking.
It's not the end of the world for Mayans!
The mayan calender ends at 2012 BECAUSE something about earth, and the other planets line up exactly in a straight line or something like that.

I think.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
A lot of things will happen.....it's a friggin year.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I think there are a ton of these threads NOW. I can't imagine what it will be like 12-20-2012. The Pit will be so full of these threads the mods won't be able to keep up, the server will crash like it did a week or so ago, and they won't be able to fix it because there will just be that freakin' many.

May not be the end of the world, but it will be the end of The Pit, which is, in fact, my world. Thus, it will be the end of the world as I know it.
Quote by The.new.guy
I think there are a ton of these threads NOW. I can't imagine what it will be like 12-20-2012. The Pit will be so full of these threads the mods won't be able to keep up, the server will crash like it did a week or so ago, and they won't be able to fix it because there will just be that freakin' many.

May not be the end of the world, but it will be the end of The Pit, which is, in fact, my world. Thus, it will be the end of the world as I know it.

unfortunately, that could happen within a few weeks. it's a longshot to say that the Pit will be around long enough to see 2012. It's growing at a rapid pace, and eventually it will be destroyed or moved elsewhere.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by The.new.guy

We'll see the following thread from Cas/theguitarist/daytripper some time in 2012:
----------------------------------------------
Stop posting 2012 apocalypse threads.
----------------------------------------------
Any new thread from this point on about the so-called end of the world on December 20 will result in an instant ban. That is all. Don't do it.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

The world will end, REPENT WHILE YOU CAN FOOLS!

On a serious note, I do not think the world will end.
Last edited by Pud at Mar 26, 2009,
I'll be a famous musician when that happens, then I will amazingly survive it and then all the surviving people will hail to me and buy all of my cds then I shall claim the throne as the new guitar god...

Epic...
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest