I don't want to sound just like SRV (hell yes i do), but how can i get close to his type of sound tone wise.

i have a '95 fender strat and a behringer amp v tone. the amp has clean, drive, low mid, high, and built in effects. what is the best setting for my guitar and amp to get his tone.

thanks
Digitech RP series processors have an SRV filter on them, sounds just like the guy.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
buy SRV strat
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
the setting is called texas blues.

unfortunately that configuration is a secret that died with Stevie (god rest his soul)

besides, behringers are like rusty nails on a chalkboard
Quote by Bleurgh
Almost the exact same thing happened to me except I didn't die .

Quote by Tire Me.

Quote by SteveHouse
2^ What the flying fuck

pack your bags, move to the city.
I've got that amp, you're not going to get the sound with that amp no matter how hard you try.
Quote by InvaderTSN
There was a big Guitarist of the Month on him awhile back. Play with the larger end of the pick instead of the smaller one.

lol

You need a couple overdrive pedals, size 13-60 strings, and hella strong hands.
Looking for my India/Django.
Get .013 gauge strings and attack them with the passion from hell
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

I was also told by my teacher that he indeed used .013s, but he made it easier to bend them by tuning down half a step, try that too

MC name = Bearrorism
he used anywhere between .011 and .013 and tuned down a half step. .011's actually do the job very well and they aren't THAT hard to play. It's hard to get a step and a half bend, but you don't need it much for SRV. That's more Gilmour and Clapton.

The closest I have ever heard was when I took my friends Silveface champ reverb and cranked it to 12 with a light analogman modded ts808. Sounded like SRV.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712