Does anyone here smoke cigars or know much about them? Most of my friends are 18 now and I'll be 18 soon so I'm going to try one. Any suggestions, tips, or anything on what would be good for a first one?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
they taste like ass
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Don't inhale too much smoke, be sure to have a drink handy, and don't afraid to stop smoking on it for a little while; you can get sick pretty easily. Honestly you would probably enjoy it more if you drank a couple beers beforehand.

This reminds me, I have a huge friggen stogey sitting that needs smoked. It's probably the size of 4 swisher sweets.
I bought some cigars when I was in Cuba

I suppose they taste all right but it renders my tastebuds useless for quite a while after I smoke them.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Don't get big ones, if you aren't already a smoker then it'll be ****! get a medium sized one, and get one that's vanilla flavoured, it'll cut the taste of the cigar.

It'll relax you awesomely, and is especially good when drunk!
I personally really like cigars.

Picking them out isn't too hard, just ask the people where you buy it from what it is like and pick something you think sounds pleasant . I like Bev-mo, they have descriptions of all their cigars displayed.

Take it slow and don't fully inhale the smoke or you will probably feel sick.

Edit: and yeah don;t buy a giant one, you will probably be overwhelmed by it before you finish.

Cigars are so relaxing
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Last edited by thefrigginbob at Mar 26, 2009,
They have flavored ones, like vanilla? And I thought you just kinda puffed them and let the smoke swirl in your mouth a little, not inhale. Right?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Last edited by rnrsoldier1461 at Mar 26, 2009,
dont do like i did and try to be a man by smoking the whole thing and then trying everyone elses cigars. you WILL get sick trust me. other than that enjoy it!!!

Quote by rnrsoldier1461
They have flavored ones, like vanilla?

yes, but dont expect to taste a HUGE difference, slight difference yes, but mainly it just smells nicer.
Last edited by rtbsmgsmf at Mar 26, 2009,
Do NOT your first couple of cigars and dont buy cunans off the start buy captain blacks or something

I personaly love cigars
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Yeah, they do. EDIT: @ 2 posts up.

Funny how I know so much about them, yet I cannot legally smoke them. And I don't.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
They have flavored ones, like vanilla? And I thought you just kinda puffed them and let the smoke swirl in your mouth a little, not inhale. Right?

Yep. My favorites are grape strawberry and peach. Grape is really the only one that tastes like the flavor it's named after.
i love cigars, but yeah don't inhale too much of them I inhale the whole things, and my throat hurts afterwards. And that's cuz I smoke a lot.
cigars are the ****! for starters i would get some havannas that have honey flavoring.
Quote by Dog--
Holy **** that is the single funniest thing I've ever heard, thanks grimguitarist91, hats off to you good sir.

Quote by bassdrum
Yep. My favorites are grape strawberry and peach. Grape is really the only one that tastes like the flavor it's named after.

That's terrible. That's like making candy that comes in Cherry, Lemon, Watermelon, Baby, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Feces, and the Feces one is the only one that tastes like its namesake.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
That's terrible. That's like making candy that comes in Cherry, Lemon, Watermelon, Baby, Vanilla, Chocolate, and Feces, and the Feces one is the only one that tastes like its namesake.

Quote by bassdrum
Don't inhale too much smoke, be sure to have a drink handy, and don't afraid to stop smoking on it for a little while; you can get sick pretty easily. Honestly you would probably enjoy it more if you drank a couple beers beforehand.

This reminds me, I have a huge friggen stogey sitting that needs smoked. It's probably the size of 4 swisher sweets.

Umm...Don't inhale any smoke. No nicotine = no purpose.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Isnt a flavored cigar kind defeating the point of a cigar? But anyways a good cigar that isnt to harsh or expensive are Por Laranagas, medium size, decent price and are what i smoke.
Seriously, f*ck off with the R.I.P Dimebag bullsh*t, you dont see the bass forums going R.I.P Jaco everytime some one mentions him!
I smoke cigars.

But first I unroll the outer, cut the inner, dump the guts, fill it up, reassemble, and call that **** a blunt.

So in other words, my cigar knowledge is limited to vanilla Dutches and peach swishers.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Whats the difference with cigars and cigarettes? And herbal cigarettes?
Ah Jesus, don't listen to these fools.

Peach and grape are actually good cigar flavors.

Don't get a stupid little pussy cigar. If you want one of those, get a damn cigarette.

If you haven't smoked much though, just suck in the smoke and let it float out of your mouth every few hits. Make sure you actually inhale enough to feel it though or else it's pointless.

Oh and if you have them, you HAVE to use matches to light it.
Last edited by archangels666 at Mar 26, 2009,
Quote by archangels666
Ah Jesus, don't listen to these fools.

Peach and grape are actually good cigar flavors.

Don't get a stupid little pussy cigar. If you want one of those, get a damn cigarette.

If you haven't smoked much though, just suck in the smoke and let it float out of your mouth.

Oh and if you have them, you HAVE to use matches to light it.

But for the love of GOD let it burn away the stuff on it first.
Dont buy flavored ones like some of these guys are saying, unless they are vanillla, honey, or chocolate. Most flavored cigars use terrible tobacco, hence the try to cover up the taste with fake flavoring. Only buy flavored cigars that are from well known companies. For instance i smoke gurkha minis, they come in about 10 flavors from orange spice, cognac, kiwi vanilla, tiramisu, etc. they are all very enjoyable. Havana Honeys are supposed to be excellent flavored cigars as well. CAO has also come out with a new line of flavored cigars, those i highly reccommend. If youre looking for a good starting cigar i would reccommend Acid cigars, all their cigars are very sweet and aromatic. For a beginner i would reccommend the Acid blondie, its a tiny cigar with a very sweet flavor. Make sure you always smoke on a full stomach, if you smoke on an empty stomach youll probably get sick. Buy light to medium bodied cigars as well (a tobacconist can point you in the right direction), full bodieds will make you sick. Here are some more brands i reccomend: CAO, Carlos Torano, Rocky Patel, Acid, Gurkha, Cusano, La Gloria Habana. If you dont like the first cigar you smoke or you get sick dont give up, it just means you didnt find the right cigars. Most of the cigars i mentioned above run between 5-15 dollars a piece so if your looking for some really cheap, flavored cigars, the only ones i reccommend are backwoods honey berry. Hope this helps.
I smoked a cigar earlier today for the first time. I can see the appeal, but honestly I just prefer a plain old cigarette.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, you still get nicotine from inhaling..
Quote by bassdrum
I don't really understand what you're trying to say, you still get nicotine from inhaling..

Don't inhale the smoke into your lungs like you would with a cig, just hold it in your mouth for a few seconds.
Prime Times or on of the cheap alternatives (and they come in 20 packs as opposed to 10. Around here anyway) like Bulls Eye. Well, they are *Cigarillos* but they taste good and you can inhale these ones. I`ve been hooked on these for a couple years now... Cheers!

Oh, and Vanilla or Peach are my favorite... some are just too strong flavored and taste like ass I find...like cherry. I would recommend vanilla...nice and smooth.

EDIT: We also have ones called Don Carbones. Pack of 20 = 5 bucks lol. Prime times are like 8-9 for 10 in Canada.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Last edited by MetalManiac_86 at Mar 27, 2009,
Rocky Patel Cameroon Especials are glorious.
I also really like Alec Bradley cigars.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Strawberry Swisher Sweets FTW
Guitars

Epiphone 1958 Ebony Explorer
Fender Standard Stratocaster

Amp/Gear

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff

Gunnery Sergeant of the Megadeth Military
PM BlackciN to join/get ranking
I honestly prefer smoking a cigarette over cigars. The whole not inhaling the smoke is weird to me.
Those cigarillos are really good. The watermelon one is ****ing amazing.
Are cigars healthier than cigs? I heard they were, like there wasnt so much stuff in it. If it's true then in what ways are they more healthier?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Quote by dxpaintball8000
Are cigars healthier than cigs? I heard they were, like there wasnt so much stuff in it. If it's true then in what ways are they more healthier?

a hand made cigar is nothing but tobacco leaves rolled ontop of each other, unlike cigarettes which are the tobacco scraps with hundreds of other chemicals mixed in. so cigars are healthier, but tobacco smoke alone can cause cancer so not exactly the healthiest thing in the world either
One likes to believe in the freedom of music

But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity
Quote by dxpaintball8000

the big difference is that cigar smokers don't inhale, but no they aren't really healthier, they do however go great with good bourbon.

Quote by edthesped23
Strawberry Swisher Sweets FTW

those things make an OK blunt wrap, but even there you can do better for the money.

People who smoke artificially flavored cigars are missing the point, not to mention those are always made of terrible quality tobacco.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by Haha, Crackhead

I literally LMAO when I read this .

Cigars have unprecedented amounts of nicotine, the ****ing wrap is tobacco!

Buy a nice Cigar - Romeo Y Julieta or something. I like a stoagie every now and then, but they can be harsh. I prefer cigarettes.

EDIT: OH, and do NOT inhale cigar smoke. It is too concentrated and potent. You will guaranteed get nauseous, and if it's your first time, you might throw up 10-15 minutes later. Just let it sit in your mouth, then blow it out, and the nicotine will absorb into your bloodstream through your mouth.
High as tits
Last edited by Suicidal_Brick at Mar 27, 2009,