Page 1 of 2
hey guys, theres this festival here called edgefest every summer and this year the line up looks pretty cool. i really wanna go but any of my friends who r into this music say they cant cause tickets r too expensive (its soo lame theyre only 50 bucks)
anyways i was considering maybe going alone. has anyone every gone to a concert or all day festival alone, if so was it lame or fun or what?
Whos playin that this year,(I live in Western NY)
XBL Gamertag:thor7861
message me you're from UG first

I can't think of anything to put here

Isn't Dead and Divine playing that?
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
The first other alone person you see == your new best friend/lover. Problem, solution.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by nonotreals
hey guys, theres this festival here called edgefest every summer and this year the line up looks pretty cool. i really wanna go but any of my friends who r into this music say they cant cause tickets r too expensive (its soo lame theyre only 50 bucks)
anyways i was considering maybe going alone. has anyone every gone to a concert or all day festival alone, if so was it lame or fun or what?

Go for it! I have gone to a few alone, and you meet new people that way, you aren't so tied down by your group of friends, just be social and talk to people and you should be find, if it's anything like my local shows, there are plenty of people there willing to meet new people.
i went to a couple of sxsw shows by myself. it wasnt bad but it wasnt the best ever. you can probably make friends down there, its not hard.
Are dead and divine playing, cause im only really interested in billy talent on theat bill, bu dead and divine could be convinced to put me over the hump to purchase tix

BTW TS go, i've gone to concerts alone, its easy to meet people who like the same music at shows, and you can find people to chill with there, I've seen some people at toronto area metal shows so often that i've just exchanged e mails, we jam now, it all gravy
I actually prefer going to all day concerts alone, as you can do what you like and see whatever bands you like without your friends going "aww don't see them, they're lame" and such. But i still met up with my friends there to say hi, I just spent most of the day seeing other bands and such.

And yeah you do meet some new people and such.
Be sure to approach any tough looking guys at the concert and ask them "Hey, aren't you Richard Simmons?" You'll can make a lasting impression that way.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Dead and Divine is awesome. Lol.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
50 bucks for a ticket, and you're going alone? I paid 20 to see Buckethead and it should have been way more for as good as that show was (10/26/08 culture room in FL)
I went to Soundwave alone. If I had gone with mates I probably wouldn't have shook hands with The Dudesons or got front row of AiC. Going alone at festivals is awesome, strike up conversations with fat bald blokes who give you free cigarettes.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
ya im not really sure if dead and divine r playing i just really wanna see billy talent and alexis they both put on really good shows, plus theres some other cool ones on the bill
o ya also to eveyone who says u make friends pretty easily, im not gonna lie im a bit of an awkward person and it usually takes me a while to make friends so i dunno
Just go man, I've seen Billy Talent and Alexisonfire live, both are awesome live bands, if you like the groups, go see the show

i've learned that dead and divine are not on the bill, thus i'll be skipping it, unless i come into a decent amount of money between now and july to justify the festival after dropping coin to see the LOG/Bodom show in april
I have no problem going to a show. Sometimes its more fun. You'll have a blast.
Quote by Oroborous
I was about to go to the Gojira show in May alone.

Hey if no one i know wants to go see Gojira when they roll through the mod Club i'll be seeing them on my own, and i bet i'll have a blast

I saw Every time I Die last november on my own, and they were spectacualr, plus i got to chill with Jordan buckley and one of the dudes in the Bronx at various points, cool stuff i wouldn't haven't done had i been with people
Edgefest is usually a wicked show. Festivals are fine to go to alone, you have lots of time to see whatever you want. When it comes down to going alone versus not going at all, go for it. Can't hurt ya.

Maybe you'll find Dean and Todd.
Quote by InvaderTSN
All I do with my friends during concerts is comment on acts. Just try to make new friends there.

This. If i'm snowboarding and i'm alone (not the same but you get the point..) I'll just try and chat with the people there..
Quote by spoonfulofshred
I go everywhere alone

We can go places alone....together.
im going to iron maiden alone tomorrow and i don't give a ****

its better to go alone than not going at all
I go to concerts alone all the time, mostly because my friends don't like spending money and we have different tastes in music. If your in the pit it's a great way to meet new people, and rock out at the same time.
Quote by timo1
I used to go on the computer in the morning and look up 'naked female breasts' on Google.
It came up with a picture of a duck
Quote by HardAttack
Be sure to approach any tough looking guys at the concert and ask them "Hey, aren't you Richard Simmons?" You'll can make a lasting impression that way.

do this

edit: btw do i get a cookie for mentioning this is a family guy reference
XBOX Live GT: a b0wl 0f nails
Last edited by nate_dogg083 at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by nonotreals
o ya also to eveyone who says u make friends pretty easily, im not gonna lie im a bit of an awkward person and it usually takes me a while to make friends so i dunno

Something to take the edge off then? What's your poison?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Couldn't be that bad, right?
There's bands you like, so the only problem would be having something to do in between concerts. You could probably meet some cool people to hang out with anyways.
If there's one place where you'll find cool people who won't care if you're weird or whatever, it's a festival.
If not, pretty sucky festival, dude.
This is the part where you are supposed to be amazed by the awesomeness of my sig.
Last edited by MarauderNL at Mar 27, 2009,
i'm probably going to see dream theater on my own, as none of my friends like them. But I'd rather go on my own than not at all.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
theres nothing wrong with going by yourself, except for when your standing in line and everybodys with there friends, but when i go to music festivals i usually go off by myself anyway, and when your in the crowd you usually lose your friends anyway and not having money isnt lame
Quote by fishmunky
Just go man, I've seen Billy Talent and Alexisonfire live, both are awesome live bands, if you like the groups, go see the show

i've learned that dead and divine are not on the bill, thus i'll be skipping it, unless i come into a decent amount of money between now and july to justify the festival after dropping coin to see the LOG/Bodom show in april

Not to deviate off the topic but is the bands nae pronounced Alex is on fire or Alexis on fire?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Last time I went to a concert by myself I was just groped constantly, BY MEN. Not a pleasant night, unless you're into that stuff.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
i went to download festival on my own for 2 years running coz all my mates wussed out and had the time of my life, great thing is you meet new people and theres never any trouble coz your all ther for the same reasons (to have a good time). most recently i went to priest feast in london on me bill (alone) coz my mates couldnt afford it and met a few cool people.

so go for it mate it'll be great
Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman.

Ludwig Van Beethoven.

BOW DOWN AND WORSHIP AT THE ALTER OF MARTY FRIEDMAN!!!
I'm getting to the point where I'm going to start going to concerts alone and stop worrying about trying to find someone to go with. My friends are completely unreliable and have conflicting music tastes anyway. I missed Muse because I was too chickenshit to go alone! Never again will I let that happen...

point is: If you want to go to a show badly enough, don't worry about going by yourself. You won't be the only Lone Ranger.
Quote by CaptainRon
Loser.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by cm_punk_fan
Not to deviate off the topic but is the bands nae pronounced Alex is on fire or Alexis on fire?

That way
Be careful with those Rapists tho.
Also make sure your packed in case of a robbery.

But going alone will most likely get you killed and raped (in that order)
Quote by HalfBlackJack
In the good old days of PS2 sony would send me out new consoles for fun!

PS2 just died for no reason? new console : )
Coffee spilt all over it? new console : )
Got pissed on in the night???? new console : )

I miss pissing on consoles : (
Quote by SG310user
Last time I went to a concert by myself I was just groped constantly, BY MEN. Not a pleasant night, unless you're into that stuff.

You just need to find a bit of space so this doesn't happen

I've been to a few gigs by myself, no problems and I had a good time.
Page 1 of 2