Page 1 of 2
so who's what and why?
and your fav shape of guitar from that company

what:first i have to say i like fenders more,than gibsons but i like the sg and moderne
but overall my fav guitars are gretsch solids and the fender telecaster

why:gibsons are overrated and i can settle for an epiphone,gibsons are to expensive . fenders their models are appropriatley priced and start really reasonable like $600

pics of my fav:you dont need to add pics, i just wanted too

fender tele

moderne (a munted one)

Last edited by DANGERSTRANGER at Mar 26, 2009,
NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...that is all
Schecter Jackson ant LTD FTW!
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Why would you put the moderne up??? But yes, I am a Les Paul man.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
none I play LTD
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by satcre3
NEITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...that is all
Schecter Jackson ant LTD FTW!

yea ok ,but if you had to pick =),c'mon
I am a strat guy myself, I like the look, sound, and most importantly the feel better. I just don't like the feel of LP's at all, and am not crazy bout SG's. I like the Firebirds and Explorers but that is about it...
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
definitly a fender strat guy just becaus the three singles are so flexible in tone and because of that amazing feel in the lightness of the body. cant say i wouldnt give anything for a gibson les paul but strats the way to go
Devoting yourself to one brand if it's not an endorsement(and even then) is foolish IMO. I love my strat and I'm planning to get a Les Paul, so I guess I'm a bit of both, but at the same time I suppose I'm neither.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
yea ok ,but if you had to pick =),c'mon

haha do you want my honest oppinion
i would get all of the fenders and gibsons and load them into a semi and drive it off a bridge!
(:
i used to like sgs untill i found jackson and ibanez and schecter
Jackson JS1 Dinky
Livingstone 15W
Behringer Super Metal Pedal

No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.
Gibson fo shizzle
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I see guitars as tools used to achieve certain sounds. A different tool for each situation seems like an appropriate analogy. However my most frequently used tool is my Les Paul. Call it my "hammer" I guess.

mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Mar 27, 2009,
Neither of those companies excite me in particular. But I do like tele's
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Fender for sure, but the Black Beauty is one of the most beautiful guitars on the market.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
so who's what and why?
and your fav shape of guitar from that company

what:first i have to say i like fenders more,than gibsons but i like the sg and moderne
but overall my fav guitars are gretsch solids and the fender telecaster

why:gibsons are overrated and i can settle for an epiphone,gibsons are to expensive . fenders their models are appropriatley priced and start really reasonable like $600

pics of my fav:you dont need to add pics, i just wanted too

fender tele

moderne (a munted one)

well im really more of a fender man i think. i like the sound of a les paul, but i dont like the feel of one very much. Sg's are nice too but again, not a big fan of the feel. strats are pretty comfortable to play and sound good. i like teles too. i think strats out of the fender and gibson options probably have the most versitility tone wise.

right now my main guitar is a Godin Freeway. its a strat type of shape, but it has HSH which i like a lot. ive played other godin guitars as well and i really like them. i think ill stick to my freeways. i can get strat and les paul tones from it. so best of both worlds.
I have a fender strat, butI don't know if it makes me a "fender" guy. I'd rather have a Michael Kelly.
I love both, but I tend to love humbuckers...therefore generally Gibson. I'm looking into the Dave Murray Fender strat with dimarzio humbuckers and a fender single coil in the middle position-i think that guitar could be godly....
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard | Gibson SG | Casio PG 380 | Dave Mustaine VMNT | Digitech Whammy | Carvin Legacy head |
Carvin V3 combo | MXR Custom Badass Overdrive | Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah | Rocktron Banshee | Ibanez PG Flanger
Quote by necrosis1193
Devoting yourself to one brand if it's not an endorsement(and even then) is foolish IMO. I love my strat and I'm planning to get a Les Paul, so I guess I'm a bit of both, but at the same time I suppose I'm neither.

Gibsons aren't overpriced at all. You get the quality you pay for. Trust me, considering I've used and tried out so many Gibsons, I'm sure of this.

Both are so different and I love them equally.

Fender I'm a strat guy. The neck pickup on a strat through a Fender Twin Reverb or a Fender is a heavenly tone.

Most Gibsons (especially the Custom Shop models) give the greatest, thickest, warmest, bluesy, jazzy, refined tone in the world, to the strongest, punchy, crunchiest, attitude fueled, classic blues-rock tone in the world.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Hard one. I love the sound of Strats and Teles. Great. And for gibsons, I can't say I love it. I don't like the feel of most gibsons as well. However, I like using humbucker guitars more for solos than single coil.
Neither, but I do have two custom built stratocaster type guitars, so I'll go with fender. I do enjoy the telecaster, it's so rockabilly and jangly. So I pick the Fender Telecaster as my favorite between the two.
Easily the second best guitarist from Oklahoma City
Quote by Junnage
Gibsons aren't overpriced at all. You get the quality you pay for. Trust me, considering I've used and tried out so many Gibsons, I'm sure of this.

Wait, when did I say they were? I've played Gibson Les Pauls I love I dislike Epi Les Pauls, hence why I'm going for a Gibson, I never said anything about Gibson being overpriced. oO

Quote by necrosis1193
Wait, when did I say they were? I've played Gibson Les Pauls I love I dislike Epi Les Pauls, hence why I'm going for a Gibson, I never said anything about Gibson being overpriced. oO

but i did
Quote by DANGERSTRANGER
but i did

Then why'd he quote my post?

I love my LP, but i also would like to get a tele sometime in the future... it depends what sound i want for the music i play
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
i am a fender man personally just because my quest for the perfect tone keeps going back to a maple neck alder body telecaster plugged into a vox ac30(which i play occasionally but not at home
Fender Telecaster
Squire Vintage Modified '70s bass
I'm more of a legs man really. Though I do love both Gibson and Fender (Gibson more-so), I'd rather an Ibanez.
I used to be a "gibson" man, but as of late, I've started respecting single coils much more. When I was into the whole "emo/punk" thing, it was all about Gibson and Fenders with humbuckers that sounded like Gibsons... but now I try to make my les paul sound like a Fender...

I do prefer the look and feel of a nice les paul over just about anything else, but... god to I love a good strat sound. Tele's too.

Quote by Felttoaster
i am a fender man personally just because my quest for the perfect tone keeps going back to a maple neck alder body telecaster plugged into a vox ac30(which i play occasionally but not at home

I whole heartedly agree.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 27, 2009,
I love both! My first guitar was a Fender Showmaster. Great guitar and was very versatile! But now after owning 3 Gibsons, i cant go back! Alot of people say Gibson's are over priced and over rated! I couldn't disagree more! You honestly get what you pay for, iv been playing Les Paul Standard for a while now, and you can really feel and hear the quality in the craftsmanship. You really notice it after owning a gibson and then trying to play something else, it never feels the same and i instantly want to put it down and grab a Les Paul! I am not bashing Fender at all or any other manufacture, they also make some amazing equipment and i want to American strat myself! But honestly higher end Gibson's are much better and versatile the Fender! But in the end it still just comes down to personal preference! And btw i absolutely cant stand Telecasters! i think they are terrible!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Quote by zuckuss00
And btw i absolutely cant stand Telecasters! i think they are terrible!

though I don't agree with what you said, sir, I will defend to my death your right to say it. Biggot.

No, I kid. I love teles, but I can see how you don't. They are a squirrelly guitar that I thought I'd never like, but... I grew to love them.
SGs are my all time favorite guitars, but Teles are my second favorite, so I'm gonna say both.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Thomme
though I don't agree with what you said, sir, I will defend to my death your right to say it. Biggot.

No, I kid. I love teles, but I can see how you don't. They are a squirrelly guitar that I thought I'd never like, but... I grew to love them.

I respect the Telecaster and what it did for music! But as fare as my personal preference as a musician goes, i just dislike the feel, weight and look! i think the strat was a excellent move for Fender!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Les Pauls rule. BIG difference in the Epiphone and Gibson models. There IS a reason why the Gibsons cost more and it's not just the name.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by zuckuss00
I respect the Telecaster and what it did for music! But as fare as my personal preference as a musician goes, i just dislike the feel, weight and look! i think the strat was a excellent move for Fender!

See, I can't disagree with you there, but... I mean... god... the "tele" bridge sound is so spanky and awesome compared to anything I've ever heard... and the neck can get so "jangly" or "bluesy" depending on your amp and EQ... I think the "strat" sound and "les paul" sounds are great, but... man, you really can't get the "tele" sounds out of anything else, you know?

Plus, these days, I think the tele is about the best looking and feeling thing next to a good Les Paul.

The SG, now there's an abortion of guitar making if I've ever seen one.

Quote by madh4ttr
Les Pauls rule. BIG difference in the Epiphone and Gibson models. There IS a reason why the Gibsons cost more and it's not just the name.

in some cases. I can't say that I've played a "Gibson" under $2500 that really compares to my old Epi LP. And I can't say that I've played a Gibson LP under $2500 that really warrants the price tag. The Epi elitists (and even Standards/Customs in some cases) rival MANY of the Gibsons I've been in contact with. There's the whole "quality control" issue... but I think Fender (between Fender and Gibson, at least) is the only company that really nails down the price differences between their subsidiaries and different models. I'd honestly say: Fender has much better QC than Gibson/Epi does.

But, it really is personally preference. I mean, I've played some MEAN Gibby studios, and I've plays some mean Epi Studios, too.
Last edited by Thomme at Mar 27, 2009,
If I had to go either i'd say Fender Tele with humbucker for bridge and good ol' maple neck 'n' board.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by madh4ttr

AND the reason is they're made by people who are paid more...
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Id just custom order a carvin to the exact specs I wanted

Save some money and you'll end up with a better axe
Les Paul style.
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
If I had to choose out of the two, I would go with Fender myself.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Page 1 of 2