i plan on buying a multi-effects pedal soon and this one really jump at me upon reading what it could do. but before i buy id love to hear from my fellow low end brothers and sisters and hear what they think. the thing that will drive it home for me is whether or not most of the sounds sound like an actual pedal (not sure if that makes sense but hopefully you get what i mean.
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)
I ****ing love the ME-50. I definitely plan on adding one to my arsenal but they can be hard to find for a good deal. I would get this way before any of those Zoom multi-effects or even most of the Digitech ones. Get it if you can get a good deal on it
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Quote by EMGs_rule
Quote by jgbsmith
why would you want to put the bitrate down?
to make it smaller without hearing any change in quality that the human ear can detect?
Does not compute for the audiophile

Follow me on Twitter...or else!
i have the ME-50B...(idk if this helps you then, but it can't hurt, right?)...no clue what the difference is...but i love it so much. No complaints.....all the effects work amazing, didn't give much thought into it before i bought it (i never do though) and was blown away, cuz i always expect something to complain about, im a complainer, nope. none, brilliant (hope this helps)
Try adding more delay.
I'm a complainer. they do well. but it s what you pay for. the ME-50B is a great multifx, it sounds good, but never awe inspiring, it never is exact or is perfect, and the delay is kinda meh, but man. no fuzz. why is there no fuzz?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
I'm a complainer. they do well. but it s what you pay for. the ME-50B is a great multifx, it sounds good, but never awe inspiring, it never is exact or is perfect, and the delay is kinda meh, but man. no fuzz. why is there no fuzz?

i thought distortion was the same as fuzz...i never played a fuzz tho....and never thought about fuzz...dang...now i do have a complaint
Try adding more delay.
Quote by telecastrmastr
i thought distortion was the same as fuzz...i never played a fuzz tho....and never thought about fuzz...dang...now i do have a complaint

I suggest the Wounded Paw Attack Goat, that thing is the win.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
It does have a reasonably good fuzz, although not one you'd want to rely on if you actually use distortion a lot. I'd recommend getting an individual fuzz pedal if that's a key part of your sound.

I like mine - there's an awful lot of potential for subtle tone-shaping built into the thing, and you can get some very strange and cool noises out of it if you start abusing the normal parameters for the effects. I wouldn't recommend it if you want (say) a really good compressor, or a really good chorus unit, and definitely not if you want a useable bass synth, but it does everything reasonably well...and is cheaper than all the pedals included in it by hundreds of pounds.

NB check which effects you can use simultaneously - it's really annoying not being able to have reverb running with, say, flanger or chorus.
Quote by telecastrmastr
i have the ME-50B...(idk if this helps you then, but it can't hurt, right?)...no clue what the difference is...

Quite a damn lot of difference actually.

My guitarist uses two Me-50s, and he adores them. (Since he's been using them for literally as long as they have been on the market).
I prefere the guitar version to the bass one to be honest.
I dont really like mine, I never really use it and theres a huge volume increase when using any of the distortions (but maybe thats just mine?).