I recently bought a Fender 60's classic series stratocaster neck and body (from two different guitars). The neck was a '99 in fabulous condition, and I believe the body was a 2004. When I first put the G string on, and I noticed that the strings were buzzing badly. I adjusted the truss rod, but it only slightly fixed the problem. As it stands, the strings still buzz from about the 15th fret - where the neck touches the body.

Now, because it is a 60's style, the truss rod is only accessible from the neck pocket, but adjusting it has it poke out from the neck, making it impossible to fit in.

I had several ideas, being that I am new to stratocasters (this is my first one). Because I have been only testing one string at a time (I have to take off the neck... tedious work), I figured tension from the other strings might pull the neck back a bit and counteract the problem.

I also figured that a new, higher nut may fix the problem, as well.

Is there some solution I am not seeing, or should I just take it into the local shop and let them sort it out and spare myself the trouble?

Thanks for any ideas.
yeah, bring it to a tech that's going to know exactly what he/she is doing. i wouldn't risk messing up your neck for good
Consult the fender manual on what specific adjustments are for a properly set up strat. 1: make sure that the frets themselves are are in good condition and don't need to be recrowned or even just cleaned up with #0000 steel wool. 2: don't keep adjusting the truss rod to extremes like it sounds like you're doing. 3: adjust the the saddle height accordingly so the action is just right enough to not buzz. If you're unsure how to do this then just take it to the shop and have them do a set up-usually about 30-60 dollars depending on the quality and extent of work
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Quote by EMGs_rule
Quote by jgbsmith
why would you want to put the bitrate down?
to make it smaller without hearing any change in quality that the human ear can detect?
Does not compute for the audiophile

Follow me on Twitter...or else!
If the setup is too much work, take it in. Sometimes fender style necks and bodies can be a touch finicky to how you set them up. You probably need to shim your neck/raise your saddles/raise your nut and it gets old fast taking the neck off repeatedly to do it. I would suggest doing it yourself to get the experience... but, like I said, it gets old fast. If you take it in to get a good, thorough setup, you'll probably never need to take it in again.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
The neck and body are in great condition, and I after dinking around a bit, I figure the best option is to take the guitar shop tomorrow afternoon to a the shop. It may cost a little bit, but it'll be worth it not to destroy my new guitar. I really did all I could think of (I raised the saddles quite a bit... truss rod... I just had no more ideas). I just think it'd be a bad idea to trial and error it if I would be unable to repair the damage.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll look forward to tomorrow afternoon