Can the most expensive Squier guitar compare to even the cheapest Fender?

Same goes for Epiphone and Gibson.
The Jiraphes
Only the gems of the top-line Squier's have ever sounded decent to me compared to a MIM Fender, and even then it was one-out-of-ten really.

And a top-of-the-line Epi trumps a Studio as far as I'm concerned, but anything else will blow the Epi away. Unless it's an Elitist.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
IMO

Classic Vibe Squire > low end MIM Fender

Epi Elitist > low end Gibby

High end LTD can sometimes match low end ESP quality

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I think Squiers really never match Fenders, but top-line Epi's can sometimes play and sound better than really low-end Gibsons. Elitists are pretty awesome.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by necrosis1193
Only the gems of the top-line Squier's have ever sounded decent to me compared to a MIM Fender, and even then it was one-out-of-ten really.

And a top-of-the-line Epi trumps a Studio as far as I'm concerned, but anything else will blow the Epi away. Unless it's an Elitist.

I would disagree. Most of the GUITARS in the VM and CV line that I've played trump that standrad MIM line by fender, the same could not be said for the basses, though.

As far as epi's vs. Gibsons... it's almost entirely case by case. I've played horrible Gibsons and horrible Epiphones. I've played Epis that rival most gibsons and I've played Gibsons that made me need to change my pants... but... I guess...

My opinion is: guitar wise: you're better off getting a squier compared to a fender than an Epiphone compared to a Gibson... but it really depends on the price point, what you're looking for and what tone you want and what you like.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
In my experience, the best Squier, LTD and Epiphone models (regular Epi, not Elitist Epi) have been on-par with most lower-end Fenders, ESP and Gibson Studio/Special models.

Though that said, quality varies a lot, especially in the case of Gibson/Epi. There are no givens with guitar quality, ultimately you need to try them for yourself to find something worth buying.

And for the record, the two Elitist Epis I've gotten my hands on before blew the crap out of most Gibson Standards I've played.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
In my experience, the best Squier, LTD and Epiphone models (regular Epi, not Elitist Epi) have been on-par with most lower-end Fenders, ESP and Gibson Studio/Special models.

Though that said, quality varies a lot, especially in the case of Gibson/Epi. There are no givens with guitar quality, ultimately you need to try them for yourself to find something worth buying.

And for the record, the two Elitist Epis I've gotten my hands on before blew the crap out of most Gibson Standards I've played.

spot on, man. Gibby/Epi seems to have the most trouble with QC. I got really lucky with my Epi that my ex got me. But, man... I can say: the high end squiers and ESP guitars come out of the box beautiful in 7/10 cases.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I've played a lot of mid-range epiphones which were better than some top of the line gibsons, and a lot of "budget" gibsons which were better than the best of epiphones. There's no room for these blanket statements everyone is making. Likewise, the same goes for squier. Although i've not yet played a more recent MIM fender (2006 onwards) that was better than any of the classic vibe series squiers i've played.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.