So I picked up a cheaap, beat up peavey cab so I can run both my heads at once I'll probably end up replacing the speakers because they're bright as hell.. but here ya go.

A little scuffed up..

This cab is bright. I wouldn't use this if I was chasing a super high gain tone. It's just too bright with the stock speakers (which I will be changing out for greenbacks when I can). But right now it's working for what I do, even if it is bright (then again, I AM running a tele into a marshall, so what should I expect right?) But damn, tele into a DSL100 mixed with recto is great. Bassy, bitey in the mids and highs, defined but wet, just awesome. It put a big smile on my face as soon as I struck the first chord. I need to tweak it (bright much?) but hey, for cheap it ain't bad. 250 watts in stereo ftw

happy new cab day.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I love cheap used gear, the greenback's should really compliment the Marshall tone.
Happy NCD, looks like a sick rig. The old, and the new running stereo
Is that a Maxon OD808? How are you liking it? As I'm assuming you're using it as a boost with that JCM2000, like everybody else would
Quote by bowen
I love cheap used gear, the greenback's should really compliment the Marshall tone.
Happy NCD, looks like a sick rig. The old, and the new running stereo
Is that a Maxon OD808? How are you liking it? As I'm assuming you're using it as a boost with that JCM2000, like everybody else would

I'm actually using it to boost the mesa The mesa is bringing in the gain and the wall of sound, the marshall is bringing in the bite and the clarity and top end. I love boosting the DSL with the maxon though. Before I got this cab, I had the DSL100 on the crunch channel, gain and volume both at 10 and boosted. Still wasn't THAT much gain, it was just above mid gain but below high gain, and with a tele it was beastly, I felt like I was trying to control a bucking stallion or something.

But yeah, the 808 is sweeet.
Awesome, that's what I think would work best with that set-up, using the Marshall for the high-end, and the Mesa for the low-end, and the both of them have great mid-range to really solidify the tone. Like getting hit by a pick-up, but with a nasty ass front bumper
EDIT: I'm liking the music as well, really nice change from listening to In Flames all day.
Last edited by bowen at Mar 27, 2009,
Sick sick sick! As always, love your shizz, bro. Cheers.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Cool, now you just need to organize your setup.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Congrats, man!
Definitely teh wall of sound!
I'm just glad I don't have to schlep a killer rig like that around !

That's one of those rigs you could just sit in front of all day long playing with settings & tones, & never get tired of it
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Happy NCD

Have you thought about trying the Eminence Legend GB128? It's an Eminence version of the Greenback, rated at 50 watts, and like all Emi speakers, they're known for taming ice-picky high ends
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I want that tele.

Congrats on teh nice rig
very nice combination you have man, seen many bands using that, and they sounded killer together. Congrats, and HNCD!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Congrats on the cab! Peavey's can take quite a beating. Look at all the Ultra's that survived the big hair of the 80's.
Quote by Shinozoku
Happy NCD

Have you thought about trying the Eminence Legend GB128? It's an Eminence version of the Greenback, rated at 50 watts, and like all Emi speakers, they're known for taming ice-picky high ends

To me, it's just not a greenback if it has a high wattage rating because the higher rated speakers always seem to have a stiffer, harsher break up than the greenback, and thats what makes a greenback a greenback. imo

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Looks great man, congrats!

The heads look like they are on the wrong cab though, what would happen if you switched 'em?

That's actually what I'm gonna do today, it's just that my recto was already all set up on that cab and I didn't have a lot of time.
Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by warplanegrey

wat
Quote by imgooley
wat

Bogner Ecstasy 101b
Sampson Era Bad Cat Black Cat 30R
1993 Mesa Dual Rectifier
Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)
Gibson SG Faded (brown)
Rickenbacker 650D
Eventide Timefactor
Diamond Memory Lane 2
Keeley Compressor (2 knob)
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by warplanegrey

So... have you tried turning both amps to 11 and seeing how much drywall you displace yet? Nice rig, and congrats on the cab! It's great to find a used deal on a good cab... it seems they are rather cheap second hand as so few people want to deal with moving them. Also, do you run the amps one at a time or A/B'd?
I know you said something about a new used cab. It must be in the picture of the tele somewhere, but as soon as I can take my eyes off the tele I will let you know what I think of it.

Only see a tele... a really nice bound tele... nice tele is nice...

Congrats on the cab, It'll come into focus for me at some point.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I know you said something about a new used cab. It must be in the picture of the tele somewhere, but as soon as I can take my eyes off the tele I will let you know what I think of it.

Only see a tele... a really nice bound tele... nice tele is nice...

Congrats on the cab, It'll come into focus for me at some point.

+1
Quote by warplanegrey

<- this one sucks

Quote by CJRocker
So... have you tried turning both amps to 11 and seeing how much drywall you displace yet? Nice rig, and congrats on the cab! It's great to find a used deal on a good cab... it seems they are rather cheap second hand as so few people want to deal with moving them. Also, do you run the amps one at a time or A/B'd?

I run them at the same time with a stereo delay in front giving a little separation. I just played it with the DSL100 around 3 oclock on the volume and the triple rec around 2. ****ing AMAZING
I bet the gang from deadliest catch could hear you in Dutch Harbor if you cranked those bioches... Scare the crabs back to the deep water and cause avalanches across the state.

Congrats again, I bet the stereo set up sounds great. And yea, some of the "brightness" is probably the tele living it's legacy.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I bet the gang from deadliest catch could hear you in Dutch Harbor if you cranked those bioches... Scare the crabs back to the deep water and cause avalanches across the state.

Congrats again, I bet the stereo set up sounds great. And yea, some of the "brightness" is probably the tele living it's legacy.

The stereo set up actually sounds TOO good... I don't think I can go back to one amp ever again
Quote by Say Ocean
The stereo set up actually sounds TOO good... I don't think I can go back to one amp ever again

This is truf.
Quote by Say Ocean

I'm so jealous!

and I'm jealous of your tele
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by Say Ocean

I know what you mean. I tried running a stereo setup today (although my amps are nowhere near as good as yours) and it was godly.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Clean up your room/studio/basement and you would have one killer setup!

Good luck and nice stuff,

best regards

Butters
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Quote by imgooley

thou shalt not steal smileys from HC

that must be killer actually, cant go wrong with marshall and mesa. you should try slaving the mesa into the marshall and get some MoP-alicious sounds
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Say Ocean

that's what i like to see! stereo rigs ftmfw
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.