I suppose whichever one sounds better.

I don't really prefer one over the other, but if a complex song sounds good and a simple one sounds bad I'll go with the complex one and vice versa.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by BigBrownBeaver
Which one tickles your fancy, why?

I'm not entirely comfortable with the direction this conversation has turned.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by georgakis187
a mixture.

this.

sometimes things are too simple. Other times they are too complicated.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Whichever, so long as it creates an atmosphere. It's all about atmosphere for me.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by Von.
Whichever, so long as it creates an atmosphere. It's all about atmosphere for me.

80% N2 and 20% O2 in your tubes?
Quote by georgakis187
80% N2 and 20% O2 in your tubes?

+

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

all music requires some degree of technique, so all music has technicality, so therefore the initial question posed relies on a false dichotomy.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I love both equally. Punk wouldn't be punk without fast, short, simple songs, and prog/experimental wouldn't be what it is without long, complex songs.

But then, who am I to judge what something can or can't be? Maybe someone will re-invent prog and make it something totally different.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
all music requires some degree of technique, so all music has technicality, so therefore the initial question posed is a false dichotomy.

OR you say "Your question is a charade" but you need to say charade with a anglicized french accent
both, depending on the mood i'm in. i'm bipolar and one day all i'll want to listen to is paul gilbert or john petrucci, and the next day i'll only want to hear acoustic stuff.
I like fast, but simplicity vs technicality is a bit vague. it's all relative. Thrash is pretty simple really, compared to power metal etc. I like thrash so you can decide i guess.
+1 to atmosphere.

its entirely dependent on your personal state of mind at that moment.
*hopes no one notices lack-of-sig*

o noez !
we've been spotted.
ruuuuuuuun

my username was a mistake

get used to it.
It's not as though technical and simple are two polar extremes with nothing inbetween. Choosing one or the other is just pointless, music can be good or bad either way.

I prefer simplicity and subtlety, but nothing wrong with being technically proficient, as long as there is taste involved. This of course excludes most sports guitarists.
Some of both. White Stripes simplicity is too simple, and Behold...The Arctopus technicality is waaay too much. Gotta be able to mix good musicality with a bit of individual skill.

In the end though, for me it's not about either of those. It's if a band creates their own sound, I consider them good.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I like a mixture, I hate listening to the guitarists at my school telling me I suck because I dont play a huge amount of metal, and then they plug in their guitars, turn the distortion up heaps and start playing harmonic laden crap that has no meaning, i like music that has some soul to it.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I want music to sound good and express an emotion or mood in as many notes it needs.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Fail thread is fail.
Quote by whalepudding
I want music to sound good and express an emotion or mood in as many notes it needs.

+1
Quote by flabber.gast
I used to be a big hip-hop fan, but lately my interest has Wayned a Lil.