Hey I'm new to the whole production thing, but I was wondering what program is best to create soundscapes or ambience. Such as in this video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjztZiVm208

I know he's running Absynth, but is there any other good programs to create this kind of stuff. I have all the equipment to do this, just need a VST and such...

Thanks UGer's
Absynth is wonderful, but don't underestimate what good reverb and delay can do with pretty much any synth out there. I'm also a big fan of MHC Industrial tones (which I used along with Absynth to creat the sounds in my track Pain on my profile)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Martindecorum
i use fruity loops, obviously not the best but ive created some pretty ****ed up **** here and there

I use FL as well, it works fine especially since it can host VSTis and is pretty much infinitely expandable.

Last.fm
I use both FL and Sonar 7 as hosts, FL is way easier to use that Sonar though. I also have Reason 4.0 but I really don't like the interface. And yeah I know what Delay and Reverb can do, I use those effects more than anything in my guitar rig.
andon the delay front, NI Spektral Delay is an amazing (but kind of pricey) delay plugin that lets you do a lot of tweaking.

NVM actually- it's apparently been discontinued, but it's worth hunting down.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 27, 2009,
ambient adj. Surrounding; encircling: ambient sound; ambient air. ... Other
topics. Ambient music artists - List of electronic music genres - Furniture
music ..... by John Diliberto featuring a soundscape of ambient, spacemusic,
electronica, ... In fact, almost any music with a slow pace and space-creating
sound ...
Quote by Khushi
ambient adj. Surrounding; encircling: ambient sound; ambient air. ... Other
topics. Ambient music artists - List of electronic music genres - Furniture
music ..... by John Diliberto featuring a soundscape of ambient, spacemusic,
electronica, ... In fact, almost any music with a slow pace and space-creating
sound ...

Thanks for that pointless post....
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off