who's ever done it? is it possible? i'll admit, i never really applied myself in high school, and because of that i graduated with a 2.2ish GPA. after i graduated i tried a technical school but realized that that isn't what i want to do. i want to attend a college or university. what are the chances or someone with a low GPA getting accepted to college?
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm sure you can get into a community college with those grades. How'd you do on your SAT's?

Yeah. You wont be able to get into Harvard, but I'm sure there are some schools you can get into.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
You'll have to attend a smaller college, get good grades and transfer to a bigger one. Obviously a good college won't accept you with crappy grades.
Uh I know guys who have gotten into 4-year universities with like a 2.1...its easy to get into college, the hard part is staying in college.
your best bet would be to do a year or two at community college and then transfer to a bigger school.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by RU Experienced?
I'm sure you can get into a community college with those grades. How'd you do on your SAT's?

I haven't taken them yet. i didn't need to for the tech school i was attending. i plan to in about a week or so.
I went to a school where getting into college was a science. on like college night one teacher would always give a speech and he'd say "as there is a girl out there for every one of your sons, there is a college out there that will take your child."
Quote by skaterskagg1
I haven't taken them yet. i didn't need to for the tech school i was attending. i plan to in about a week or so.

Alright, good luck man.

Like it was said before, you should be able to transfer from a community college to a "better" school with little problems as long as you don't completely fail all of your classes.

Just make sure you apply yourself more in college because it requires a LOT more organizational skills and self-motivation to go to classes and get your work done.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Just make sure you apply yourself more in college because it requires a LOT more organizational skills and self-motivation to go to classes and get your work done.

trust me, i will. i had an epiphany last night, one of those eye opening experiences, and realized i need to get my **** together. i've been letting life pass me by.
You can usually get accepted into any public uni, you'll just have to take remedial courses based on your SAT/ACT subscores. /admissions coordinator's assistant... I have so many papercuts from the ACT cabinet.

+1 to community college first though, and definitely have a place or two in mind pronto. That way you can have the test results go directly to them, and you'll know if you actually need an SAT as opposed to an ACT...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by skaterskagg1
trust me, i will. i had an epiphany last night, one of those eye opening experiences, and realized i need to get my **** together. i've been letting life pass me by.

That's good, but you have to stay self-aware because it's very easy to fall back into old habits. I'm sort of screwing myself over with homework in one class (which I've done thousands of times in the past) so I've been going out of my way to get it done earlier.
Cal States are way easy to get into. Or you could go to Community College, there's alot more pussy there because the girls aren't bookworms as much as at a University. That's one positive way to look at it.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Quote by BlackIce87
I'm not gonna lie, goin' mobile looks like Sebastian Bach in the eighties.