i want to replace the two EMG-HZ's in my guitar. I want them to be differn't.

Neck: i'd like the neck pick-up to be warmer then the standard pick-up. Something that would be good for Blues or playing Rythem.

Bridge: i want a screamer, something i could solo with, and play metal easily. I'm looking into the Samual Duncan Invader.

any suggestion would be helpful. Remember, it's a seven string.
Samual Duncan?

If you mean Seymour Duncan then I'd advise against it,that pickup was in the bridge of my 7 when I got it and it sounded horrible no matter what I did with my rig.My advice would be a DiMarzio PAF 7 in the neck for warm lead and blues tones and something like a D-sonic 7 or Tone Zone for power and distortion in the bridge.Also,set them up for coil splitting and you'd have a ton of sound options.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

also, what i have now is passive, and i don't know how i would work the battery in for active... i'll look into those.
Last edited by ^-^ at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by Pr0gNut
Samual Duncan?

that made me laugh too. the first time i was in this thread i facepalmed and pressed the back button

i'm guessing english is not your first language TS ?

but anyway the d-sonic 7 is worth looking into.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by ^-^
also, what i have now is passive, and i don't know how i would work the battery in for active... i'll look into those.

Well,the pups I recommended are passives so you don't need to worry about the battery.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

it's late, and i guessed.

english is my first, other than that it's not enough japanese to get a burger, and only enough sapanish to tell people i can't speak spanish, i'm just grammer retarded. Always been good in all my english classes, except in that spot....

okay. i like options, so any other suggestions? especially for the neck, it seems harder to find a warm seven-string pick-up...
Last edited by ^-^ at Mar 27, 2009,
i'm currently on a low budget, but i'm planning for the future anyways right now. I'm planning on buying the warmer pick-up first though...
Dimarzio Air norton in neck, and go for either a evolution or a D-Activator for the bridge
The Activator has some more bass in it, and overall sounding more punchier, but the evolution is very clear/bright sounding and very nice for solo's and such
Ibanez ICT-700 WH

Behringer V-Amp Pro

Fender Frontman 25A
Dimarzio Air is a six string pick-up, i play a seven-string guitar.

I looked into the DiMarzio DP759 PAF 7 7-String Humbucker Pickup. It's about what i'm looking for neck wise, but any suggestion are helpful.
The air norton has a 7-string version. You should go to the Dimarzio website and look at their 7-string options. You can find descriptions and sound clips.
okay. Also just checked out the D-sonic, and from what the reviews say it sounds good, unfortunatly i haven't been able to look at it. So currently it's D-sonic and the DiMarzio DP759 PAF 7. I'll look into the others. I have a while before i'll be able to afford either of these, but i want a plan. thanks for all the help so far.