I'm a left handed player and I've decided to properly get into guitar.
Trouble is, I don't often pplay with a pick cause I can't pick well or fast since i'm picking with my right hand.

Is it something i get used to with practise or is there something else to it?
yah you will get used to it. theres always that awkwardness nomatter what hand you pick with. just practice practice practice. no worries.
like you write left handed and stuff but your playing right handed?
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
^yeah i write with my left hand and do my fretting with it etc. But i'm strumming with my right which just feels odd, i can't build up speed cause when i do i just f*ck up. Should i just practise?
im the same, im a left handed guy and play right handed, when i started playing guitar it felt weird cause i dont use that hand you know, but yeah just practice try finding a way of playing with your hand that feels comfortable just play and youll gradually get used to it man, practice is the key
Shredder Guitar wrote:

what the hell "even my chains...."

yeah, we dont wanna hear about your sexual devices, or anything of that matter.
Quote by Wretched_Spawn
I'm a left handed player and I've decided to properly get into guitar.
Trouble is, I don't often pplay with a pick cause I can't pick well or fast since i'm picking with my right hand.

Is it something i get used to with practise or is there something else to it?

How long have you "properly" been trying to play for?

Nobody can pick well or fast at the begining, it takes time for you to develop even a small degree of accuracy and control and it takes years to get "fast"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I know a guy that plays right handed even if he's a lefty.
It will probably take you more time than it would if you would play left handed tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
for use righties, when starting out fretting with the left hand feels weird because we're not used to using the left hand so much, but picking when you're starting out is rough on everyone anyway. you'll get used to it.