Poll: How generous are you feeling?
Poll Options
View poll results: How generous are you feeling?
Sure, I'd give you some of my weed for nothing in return at all.
16 11%
Sure, I'd give you $20 for nothing in return at all.
12 8%
No, I wouldn't give you anything.
96 65%
I'd give you a punch in the nose (still counts as a "no" though)
24 16%
Voters: 148.
Page 1 of 2
Evening pit.
A hypothetical scenario here for all of you.
Drug users, your input is particularly useful, but so is that of general pit monkeys.

Situation for the drug users -
If you were to find out that I wanted to get some weed, would you, having no previous association with me, come up to me in a relatively public area and hand some of your own stash over to me, a complete stranger, no questions asked, and then simply leave with no intention of making contact with me again?

Situation for pit users -
Same again, but replace "weed" with $20 taken from your own wallet.

Also, mods, this DOES have a point, it is something of a research project into the generosity of the average person, the results of which I intend to use (However, all posts WILL REMAIN ANONYMOUS, I am only after NUMBERS)
It didn't seem to fit into the drug thread, since I wanted the entire pit's opinion.
And using the search bar would mean I'd have to use someone else's results, which would not be ideal because my situation is very specific.

It doesn't seem to break any rules either.

Edit - Added detail, this is assuming i was to ask you this right this minute.
And the amount of weed is $20 worth. Localization is assumed aswell. (as in if i was to ask you for 20 quid, british UG'ers)
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Last edited by 8footsativaist at Mar 27, 2009,
I would if I was growing my own and had it all over the place, if I was still paying a ****load for a few night's worth I don't think I would.

Same with the money, it depends how much I had at the time. I'd gladly give some away if I was going to spend it on something I don't need otherwise, but if I knew I'd need it later on, I wouldn't.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 27, 2009,
wouldnt give u anything
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery.

But today is a gift, that is why it is called the present.
I would not. Here is why:

There's probably lots of people who need money, if I'm just going to give it to one person, why not everyone else.

Also, I'm poor. I really don't have money to give away. Like, really.

If I had the money and someone came up to me, and someone came to me with special/extraordinary circumstances, then yeah. But I can't just start giving money away to anybody.
One Sexy Canadian Man.

...and single too.
How much weed are we talking here? If it is £20 worth then no. Same goes for the money, you cheap bastard.
id like to think i would be that generous
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
why? why would i gave a complete stranger 20 quid / weed for no reason at all?!

i'm not made of money mate
sweet replies so far.

I've edited an answer to your general questions into the first post aswell.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Quote by 8footsativaist
sweet replies so far.

I've edited an answer to your general questions into the first post aswell.

Still a no from me.

Although I did give this tramp £1 last Sunday.
Right now, I wouldn't. I have no money and weed costs a ****load.

Could I ask why you're asking about weed specifically, and not just money that could potentially be spent on weed if that's what you're after?
Last edited by whalepudding at Mar 27, 2009,
it's not what i'm after at all pudding, I am simply trying to proove the point that people generally would not be so generous as to simply give weed to someone for nothing.
The reason I included the "would you give $20" bit was so I could get the opinions of non drug users when asked to give something of similar value in the same situation.

If the general result is that people are not going to give out weed or $20 for free, then my point will stand.
I can't elaborate any more than that, aside from saying it doesn't directly involve me
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
^Lolol no, I meant I was wondering why you chose to ask about weed first, and not just ask about money and the drug users can keep in mind that they could otherwise spend this money on weed if they don't give it away.
well my argument involves weed specifically. As i mentioned, the drug user's opinions are incredibly important to my argument.
the inclusion of the $20 bit just ensures that the non-drug user's opinions are about equal in terms of relevance.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
No. I definitely wouldn't. first i'm a student and giving 20$ would be a pain in the ass, since it would be hard for me to have enough money to finish my month.

I used to be that kind of "generous", and gave a few time money to people that needed it to buy a train ticket. The last 3 people i gave that money used it to buy beers/CD's. That was the last time i gave money to someone I didn't know.

I give money to friends, help them, pay them drinks, etc... but not to strangers anymore.

oh yeah and i think that if you want some money, you should work for it. Try to do something instead of just begging. I'd rather give money to someone that's playing an instrument, even if he doesn't do it well, than to someone that's just sitting around the whole day waiting for money to fall in his hands!
I wouldn't give you $20 of weed unless you were a good friend, or we were going to smoke together and jam.

I wouldn't give you $20 for no reason either. You'd either have to be in extreme need, or be part of a good charity or something along those lines.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Fuck off, I hate sharing weed.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I have no weed or money. I can't answer.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I would spend the 20$ on weed AND I WOULD share it. However, you will never get that $20 from me to go smoke on your own. That is inconsiderate of myself.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
20 quid is wayy too much for a student like me to afford. If it's around 5-10 pounds or maybe even more depending on the severity and had a real purpose like you don't have enough to pay for your taxi cause you ran out of money, you need food, etc i would help for sure. I know this cause i have helped people out in these situations quite a bit.

But if you were a chav/a person who would just blow the money on weed, alcohol, gambling, etc then i'm not going to help you.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by x_thurston_x

I wouldn't give you $20 for no reason either. You'd either have to be in extreme need, or be part of a good charity or something along those lines.

+ freaking 1
Question 1 - Are you an undercover policeman?

Question 2 - Will you be with undercover policemen?
If I was drunk possibly. A while back, after coming out of a club drunk, there was a homeless chappy with a box that had written on it 'Beer and Weed Fund', I liked his honesty so I gave him 30p.
Obviously not, that's like asking if i'd give a tramp $20. Even though it's not that much, i can't spare it.

To me you're just another guy. Sorry!
Nope, I'm a 17 yo student in New Zealand.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
Probably not.
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
If i was out and met someone who was after some weed and i had some on me sure, i'd give you a joint/bowls worth.
Bass Player
i wouldn't, and im a really generous person but why would i give $20 to a random guy when there are so many people who need it more than you?

and the same aplies to weed, i would have to spend $20 again the next time i wanted to smoke, $20 i could give to someone who need it more than you...
i could think about it if i grow weed and have more than i could ever smoke
Keep it because I'm selfish.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I'd smoke one with you if I felt like smoking one, but I wouldn't just give you some, I'd also offer to sell you some if I had enough to be able to
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I live in the netherlands. If you pay $20 for the amount of stash, I pay 9-10 for it. WOOHOOO . Long Live Legalisation
no, i would not give you any bud, nor would i give you $20. The economy is too far in the s**ter to give away stuff. lol ...
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
I'm too poor to give that away, I would if I could afford it though.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
hell no

get your own god damn bud
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I wouldn't straight up give you weed, but I would smoke you out.
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Page 1 of 2