Page 1 of 18
To those who don't know what that means:

"the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy, most often performed during the first 28 weeks of pregnancy"
Oxford American Dictionary

It's illegal is states like California but it's allowed in a lot of the states and most of the world.

Your thoughts?
Do you think abortion is injustice or do you think it should be allowed?

Because I'm a student of a Christian high school, basically the majority of the class is against it.
I say BS, totally for it and I believe God will allow us to do so.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Its still hair, you know.
Last edited by radomu at Mar 27, 2009,
It depends on the circumstances of the parent.

Depending on income and living spaces and circumstances in the conception it should nly be a last rersort because there are always other solutions that can give the life in question a better start.
If someone wants one, they should be allowed to have one.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Well,is it better to have a kid never exist or have it exist in a bad environment with an unfit parent where it will most likely suffer and grow up to be a very damaged and disturbed person?

I'd go with the first TBH.Some people get pregnant and just can't support a child,so instead of ruining both their lives and the child's life they decide to terminate the pregnancy,which is an incredibly difficult and sad choice to make.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Le_Bunny
Personally I don't endorse abortions but if someone chose that for themselves then that's fine. Their (babies') lives.

For me it's the matter of considering a fetus as a human child.
I don't think so, therefore it's okay to "kill" it.
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
Quote by radomu
For me it's the matter of considering a fetus as a human child.
I don't think so, therefore it's okay to "kill" it.

I don't see it as taking a human child/life as it is taking away human potential. I mean, we all had to be born, right?

But, people will do what they want, I guess.
You ever notice the people who are pro-life are people you wouldn't want to **** in the first place?

And to use another Carlin-ism, it's a foetus, not a human being, when the little **** can vote, then it's a person.
Quote by Trudogger
I don't see it as taking a human child/life as it is taking away human potential. I mean, we all had to be born, right?

But, people will do what they want, I guess.

Well, I guess it's not okay to kill it once it's born
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
I don't think abortion is always the best idea. It's like taking someone's life deliberately. Killing the unborn child...

You could always give birth to the child and then let a family who will be able to love and care for it adopt it. There are tons of couples out there who are not able to have children and for them adoption is a blessing.

I don't support abortion.... this is just my view.
Quote by acoginthesystem
You ever notice the people who are pro-life are people you wouldn't want to **** in the first place?

And to use another Carlin-ism, it's a foetus, not a human being, when the little **** can vote, then it's a person.

I can't vote, I'm still 17, I'm not a human?
Washburn Idol WI64
Roland Microcube

Quote by jimmy_neutron
For me, its what you consider to be a person and what you don't.

It has Human DNA so it is a human being, but that's very general criteria. I don't think its a person so it doesn't have the same rights as the mother. A person has dreams and has desires; consciousness and curiosity. And can also use logic and reasoning and is also a rational being. So yeah, even 2 year olds are a "person" yet. They're still human, but they aren't a person.

If a woman doesn't take her prenatal vitamins and has a miscarriage she's just irresponsible. If a woman trips and falls on her stomach while she is pregnant its an accident. If a man murders a pregnant woman, it can lead to two murder charges.

But if a woman gets an abortion because she knows that her potential child won't have the best quality of life that it could and that she is not responsible enough to raise it, its like she's seen as a murderer.

If the woman that 'tripped and fell' didn't really trip and fell, but did it on purpose however she doesn't tell anyone that's why, its still seen as an accident.

Its not like women go and get shirts and join a club of "I got an abortion". That's not a bumper sticker. Its a personal choice, that needs to be an available choice for women to be able to make.

At least, in my opinion.
Let people have abortions. The trade in aborted fetus sex toys would dry up otherwise. Think of the economy people.
An entire minority group died in the forging of this post.
I would never ask my wife/girlfriend/one-night-stand to have one.
And if that's what they wanted, I would try and take full responsibility for the child.
I personally would feel awful about it.

But I think that if a person doesn't want a child, they should be allowed to terminate it before it's born, to prevent ruining that child's life.

I'm pro-choice.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by acoginthesystem
Not until you can legally be drafted, son.

That's an adult... Human and adult and person are all different...
I believe its totally up to the mother. Yes, we will never know what the child could have grown up to become. But we have to understand that if its something the mother does not want, there has got to be a reason for it. Yes, you could be stopping one of the greatest humanitarians in the world from being born, but you could also stop one of the most horrible tyrant from being born as well....

Oh, and last I checked, women were still allowed to have abortions here in California, especially since I know someone who had one recently, and we keep having propositions on the ballot to make it harder for people to have them
Pro Choice right here.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by acoginthesystem
Not until you can legally be drafted, son.

What?

You're confused.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
is it illegal in california??
I thought that that was a progressive state...
strange.

Here in the netherlands even drugs are legal...
so killing a foetus definetely.

I think it isn't alive until it can think -> I thought that was the 28 week line.

If the parentsdon't want it after that they can put it up for adoption.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
choice; it's a good thing.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Anti choice.

I don't get "life begins at birth"

Is a turd not a turd until it exits your rectum?
Quote by blackflag49
Anti choice.

I know I'd like to have been able to abort some of my turds. Jesus.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Seeing as this isn't saudi arabia I think women should do what they want with their bodies and unlike you hapless cretins I'm not so arrogant I'm going to decide what's wrong or right based on idiotic reasoning.

Quote by blackflag49
Anti choice.

Here, my dear gentlemen, is the standard intellect and reasoning of a man who is against abortions.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by blackflag49
Anti choice.

Well at what point does the food we eat become a turd?

Same as when does a foetus become a human being?
Quote by blackflag49
Anti choice.

Comparing a baby to a turd... That says something in itself.

And, no, its not. Because before that its food, then partially digested. Its not crap until its come out.
I have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand you're killing a fetus, which would be a person.
But it shouldn't be raised in a ****ty enviornment. That's why adoption could work, but foster care isn't exactly great either. And then paying for a kid comes out of tax dollars...
I think people should stop debating about it...

If a pro lifer was raped and became pregnant, I am sure having the seed of a rapist grow in her is not what she would want.
Only the blue sky and the green grass
Go on forever in this world
Where seconds feel like eternity
And years pass in blink of an eye
Well my opinion is religion based: I believe that the fetus isn't really human until it is born because the Bible says that God breaths the human soul in when the child is born, which is what gives it life. But, that said, there is potential for life in the fetus, so abortion shouldn't be taken lightly.

IMO:
Rape = abortion;
teen pregnancy = abortion if the family can't support the child
But if the reasoning "If I get pregnant, I'll get fat and my vagina will be ruined", then I'm pro-life, but God knows that woman probably won't be a good mother.
Quote by NoOne0507
I have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand you're killing a fetus, which would be a person.
But it shouldn't be raised in a ****ty enviornment. That's why adoption could work, but foster care isn't exactly great either. And then paying for a kid comes out of tax dollars...

Good luck getting your kid adopted.

Quote by IRONxPANTERA
I think people should stop debating about it...

If a pro lifer was raped and became pregnant, I am sure having the seed of a rapist grow in her is not what she would want.

Non-surprisingly the male popluation of this forum are the ones against it.

Quote by kenan6346
Well my opinion is religion based: I believe that the fetus isn't really human until it is born because the Bible says that God breaths the human soul in when the child is born, which is what gives it life. But, that said, there is potential for life in the fetus, so abortion shouldn't be taken lightly.

Odd way of seeing it, in christinaity it's a human at conception and that's why abortions make you the worst person in the world.
Quote by Kensai
Good luck getting your kid adopted.

I don't **** around. I was just saying why I have mixed feelings about abortion.
Quote by NoOne0507
I don't **** around. I was just saying why I have mixed feelings about abortion.

I didn't mean your kid specificially. I meant any kid.
I am 100% against abortion; yes, in every circumstance.
I will not be in this thread again because arguing my point does nothing here, and besides that, you've heard it all before.
Pro life.
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Not only am I for it, but I think the age should be raised from 28 weeks to 80 years.
I'm Pro-life.

I'm also thinking that this threads been done a few too many times, and maybe it's time to stop since this debate tends to bring out the inner jerk in everyone.
XIAOXI
Quote by Maus24
I am 100% against abortion; yes, in every circumstance.
I will not be in this thread again because arguing my point does nothing here, and besides that, you've heard it all before.
Pro life.

Translated: "I'm afraid you'll persuade me in a debate so I'll leave."

Quote by Abunai X
I'm Pro-life.

I'm also thinking that this threads been done a few too many times, and maybe it's time to stop since this debate tends to bring out the inner jerk in everyone.

I think these threads are fun. I love hearing about stupid things people think.
Quote by Abunai X
I'm Pro-life.

it only brings out the "inner jerk" when people take counter points as personal attacks.
Quote by Kensai
Translated: "I'm afraid you'll persuade me in a debate so I'll leave."

I think these threads are fun. I love hearing about stupid things people think.

Or "I want to say abortion is wrong, but lack the cognitive prowess to form a rational arguement".
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by Kensai
I didn't mean your kid specificially. I meant any kid.

That's good. Because my kids aron't going to get adopted. I'm going to sell em the black market.