I have played guitar for quite awhile but I know nothing about basses but my buddy mike really wants an acustic/electric bass (he has never played any type of guitar ever, well he has messed around with a couple of my guitars) but he came to me for advice and I couldn't help him so I am coming to you guys. So like what would you pay for an a/e bass that won't crap out on you or should he start out playing a certain type of bass or what.
SKY BLUE TEAM OWNS ALL (If we still exsited)
acoustic basses in my experience are EXPENSIVE.

for the true bass experience, you need an electric bass. and it sounds as if its a random whim rather than something he feels committed to, so go for something cheap.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd
acoustic basses in my experience are EXPENSIVE.

for the true bass experience, you need an electric bass. and it sounds as if its a random whim rather than something he feels committed to, so go for something cheap.

QFT

And I'll tell you right now before you post a link of a $150 acoustic bass - it sucks. Whatever it is, it really, really sucks.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I'll give you a link when i get home but i have a pretty good Ibanez one. It retails 300 but i got it for 200 thanks to my mad convincing skills =] haha but i'll post a link when i get home