Hi everyone !

I'm building a custom guitar and i choosed Everything,except the pickups. The guitar will be:
Body:AAA Wenge, V style
Neck:AAA Wenge, neck-thru construction
Fretboard:AAA Wenge
Frets:24 Jumbo
Original Floyd Rose trem system

and i'm using a Marshall MG-100DFX amp

I am more intro heavy metal,thrash metal(i'm a Megadeth fan),but i still want the guitar to sound good on the clean channel too.
SO:Should i choose the SD Blackouts Metal AHB2 or the DiMarzio D-Activator X pickups?
I wanna hear opinions from you guys how each of them sounds and if you own them or have tried them,even better

PS:Witch one of them has less HUM?

Thanks
Last edited by DethDroogie at Apr 5, 2009,
well, considering everything you listed are humbuckers....THEY'RE ALL "HUM-LESS!!!"

God forbid you're building this yourself
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']well, considering everything you listed are humbuckers....THEY'RE ALL "HUM-LESS!!!"

God forbid you're building this yourself

I think he means which are the quietest pickups when your guitar is not being played but the volume is still up.

I believe the Blackouts are supposed to be quiet, but if you get anywhere a CRT monitor, they squeal so badly and that actually cuts through the sound when you're playing.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Yes,that's what i meant, witch one of them makes less annoying hum when you take your hands off the strings,but still have the volume and tone up

I forgot to mention
The SD Blackouts are active pickups
The DiMarzio D-Activator X are passive pickups

I'm not building this myself, a specialized luthier is gonna build this for myself
Last edited by DethDroogie at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by DethDroogie
Yes,that's what i meant, witch one of them makes less annoying hum when you take your hands off the strings,but still have the volume and tone up

I forgot to mention
The SD Blackouts are active pickups
The DiMarzio D-Activator X are passive pickups

I'm not building this myself, a specialized luthier is gonna build this for myself

We know which are which

I have the DiMarzio, and it's not quite as noiseless as actives, but you can get a great clean with them and the noise is NOT bad for such a high gain pickup (I think most of the noise was from my amp though). The Blackout neck can get a passable clean tone, but if you're just using a bridge pickup you might wanna go with the Dave Mustaine LiveWires or the DiMarzio.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
And how about the Dave Mustaine Livewire SD set?Are they better then the SD Blackouts Metal AHB 2?
They're lower gain and can achieve cleans better than the Blackouts. Better is subjective, dude some would say the Blackouts are better for death and black metal because of more gain while the Mustaine sigs are better for hard rock and thrash, but you can make just about any pickup (except on either extreme) do any genre you want.

Since the Mustaine bridge model is based on the Duncan JB, it might be a bit bright for your guitar. The DAX would tonally probably fit the guitar better. Just make sure the guitar is shielded properly and you shouldn't have any trouble. Especially if you're gonna be tuning the guitar down. The D Activator series loooves when you tune your guitar down
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I think i'm going for the D-Activator X Bridge+Neck, Dave's customs are always weird and the Blackouts...i don't think i want 2 identical pickups on the neck and bridge.
The D-Activator X have more HUM because they are passive BUT they are made especially one for the neck and one for the bridge
Last edited by DethDroogie at May 5, 2009,
As long as there the ones you think sound better

Seems like a pretty good combo though
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Yeah...i heard the sound of the Dimarzio D activators and i read that the D activators X are improved:clearer,more output,etc
Last edited by DethDroogie at Mar 28, 2009,