im thinking of buying another guitar soon and ive told myself im not buying anymore guitars unless they are shecters (after my other experiences)

i already own an avenger from the hellraiser collection and am in love with it.

i play melodic metal mostly. haste the day, a7x, sea of treachery, a day to remember.

stuff like that.

so ive narrowed my decision down to two. since i want a NEW sound, something i dont already have i think im going for a 7.

Hellraiser C-7FR Vs Blackjack ATX C-7FR

a little help? i cant decide.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
i got a hellraiser C-7, though its not the floyd rose model, and it's my favorite guitar out of an Epiphone Les Paul standard (w/ EMG 81/60), Peavey V-type (w/EMG 81/85), Epiphone SG extreme (w/EMG 81), and a custom strat project. I would highly recommend that axe man, it's amazing.

youtube channel: chuckmehh...check it out
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
...you've seriously limited yourself to one brand of guitar?

...why?
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
yeh, im a huge hellraiser fan myself.

and another detail i failed to add in, the local dealer has a hellraiser c-7 in stock so i can play it, the blackjack is not.

i suppose it actually comes down to EMG vs Duncan Blackouts.

i dont think much beats EMG when it comes to the metal sound tho.

i played the hellraiser, and it was awesome. i thought it would sound indenticle to my avenger, but that seventh string changes EVERYTHING.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin
Quote by Fender52604

...why?

This. Schecter may be a good brand and all, but who says other brands can't make any better guitars for that money?

Oh, and please, don't say 'z0mfgz0r schecter 1s t3h pwnz0r Syn G4tes uses them!!!!!11!!'.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by Fender52604

...why?

because, ive tryed ibanez, fender, fernandes, schecter, epiphone, washburn, and bc rich. i have a problem with fender and gibson because of the sole reason they are overpriced. and no guitar i own or have ever played has ever owned up to any of the schecters. im not going to sit here and say schecter is the best, but guitars are personal opinions, and for me, the schecter is obviously the best choice and best fit for me.

the reason im limiting myself is im tired of spending 800 bucks on a guitar that doesnt play half as good as a schecter in my opinion.
Go big and save for one of these:

But seriously,go for the ATX,the different pups,board wood,finish,and the look will add more variety to your collection than just another HR model.

Edit: You've tried only 7 brands and then make the decision to only buy Schecters? That's kind of odd TBH,especially when you seem to be judging said brands on their lower end products.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Mar 27, 2009,
I've played on many Schecters and in my opinion, nothing was really 'right' about the guitar. The Active Pickups I played on one of them and those things screamed, but besides that, the guitar was just built Horribley. The Tremolo fell apart on my friends guitar and everything was striped when he tried to adjust the action and everything and the guitar was brand new! If I where you, Go look for a good Ol' Ibanez or Jackson...OR Go look up A.X.L Guitars! They're good too!
Schecters are okay, but they would look better on a wall...In my Opinion.
I'd go for the ATX.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
I'd go for the ATX.

why, hello there, biga! i agree with this man when he says: ATX!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by S.F.C
I've played on many Schecters and in my opinion, nothing was really 'right' about the guitar. The Active Pickups I played on one of them and those things screamed, but besides that, the guitar was just built Horribley. The Tremolo fell apart on my friends guitar and everything was striped when he tried to adjust the action and everything and the guitar was brand new! If I where you, Go look for a good Ol' Ibanez or Jackson...OR Go look up A.X.L Guitars! They're good too!
Schecters are okay, but they would look better on a wall...In my Opinion.

you can only really say that when you have tried all varitey of schecters not just the ones that are soley designed for metal
example, schecter c-1 series
can be used for just about every type of music, and a very good price
I'd go for the ATX and owning one I can say it is a beast. It is also slightly more unique imo and I prefer the 7 string Blackouts to EMG's
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by metaladdict123
you can only really say that when you have tried all varitey of schecters not just the ones that are soley designed for metal
example, schecter c-1 series
can be used for just about every type of music, and a very good price

i hate this stereotype!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
i hate this stereotype!

ill rephrase that

has been designed with metal in mind but can play other kinds of music

but it is generally targeted at a metal audience
Quote by metaladdict123
ill rephrase that

has been designed with metal in mind but can play other kinds of music

but it is generally targeted at a metal audience

no, i was agreeing with you, but i just greatly dislike that stereotype. but then I show my friends that I can get a good blues tone out of my Schecter Omen 6 and they're thinking I just made a pup swap. (my guitar has not been modded at all[yet])
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by randomhero93
no, i was agreeing with you, but i just greatly dislike that stereotype. but then I show my friends that I can get a good blues tone out of my Schecter Omen 6 and they're thinking I just made a pup swap. (my guitar has not been modded at all[yet])

i understand

Quote by randomhero93
why, hello there, biga! i agree with this man when he says: ATX!

Nice to see you.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by s2thalayer
because, ive tryed ibanez, fender, fernandes, schecter, epiphone, washburn, and bc rich. i have a problem with fender and gibson because of the sole reason they are overpriced. and no guitar i own or have ever played has ever owned up to any of the schecters. im not going to sit here and say schecter is the best, but guitars are personal opinions, and for me, the schecter is obviously the best choice and best fit for me.

the reason im limiting myself is im tired of spending 800 bucks on a guitar that doesnt play half as good as a schecter in my opinion.

i have two schecters. a C-1 classic, and a hellraiser-FR. i love them to death. however, you have not tried my favorite brand of guitar out there yet.

try a PRS. any SE model is relatively well-priced, considering their quality. i bought mine used as well for about $400. as soon as you play one, each one of your fingers will have orgasms. trust me.
Quote by wlcm2themachine
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Quote by ChemicalFire
You sir, are a god amongst men

MY GEAR:
...apparently, i have too much. i cant list it without going over the character limit.
Try an Ernie Ball Musicman. Probably a JP6 model or a Silhouette. You may change your mind on playing nothing but Shecters. I had a C1-E/A semi-hollow for a while. Great value for the money. Stumbled across an Ernie Ball Axis in a store and had to get one. I've got 3 now (along with another 5 other guitars). I do share your opinion on Fender and Gibson being overpriced new for what they are. I've noticed the economy has brought the used market far closer to reality, however.

jack
07 Ernie Ball Axis
04 Ernie Ball Axis Supersport MM90
04 Ernie Ball Sub 1
06 Godin Exit 22
69 Guild Studio 302
06 mim Telecaster
2000 Ovation S771 Balladeer
97 Stratocaster mim
2005 Stratocaster mim
99 squier strat
07 Ernie Ball Albert Lee
As for pick ups it depends what kind of sound you want EMG's scream and have a very high output and the blackouts are still very heavy but that sound a little more natural and clean