I want to know how do you amplify your singers voice in your band. What equipment do you use? etc etc
what's your budget?

do you live in the states?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
microphone > PA head > PA speakers
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
I live in Portugal (Europe). My budget is around 100/ 200 euros/dollar.

But what PA do you use? Which brand, model, etc? give me details brothers xD
We have a second hand Crown power amp and a Behringer PA. Don't buy either.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

I use a powered mixer (Bheringer something or other) straight to PA speakers. Much more convenient for rehearsal.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by karluxandre
I live in Portugal (Europe). My budget is around 100/ 200 euros/dollar.

But what PA do you use? Which brand, model, etc? give me details brothers xD

for that little you might find a phonic pa system.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-410-S710-PA-Package?sku=630485

ive got a yamaha stagepas.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by karluxandre
I want to know how do you amplify your singers voice in your band. What equipment do you use? etc etc

what type of genre is it, because once you start adding drums, bass and guitars the smaller PA systems end up being pushed too hard to cut through. what im saying is knowing the genre would determine what size of pa speakers and power amp needed. for coffee house type music a small personal PA will do, for metal/hard rock and to compete with an insanely loud drummer....apparently i needed two 1000watt PA speakers and a big power amp:P drummers...these days!
Quote by kschaef
We have a second hand Crown power amp and a Behringer PA. Don't buy either.

LOL

I've got a Rogue 6-channel powered mixer .. although not bad I still wouldn't recommend..although it does depend on genre..this things fuse breaks when the gain is turned to 12 o'clock. I've got a loud @$$ drummer, but the two 100 watt peavey speakers help a bit.

The phonic ones look good for the price.

I'm interested in the quality of sound with the Yamaha StagePas series. I see em on CL every once in a while for cheap.

PA speakers hooked up to your powered mixer .. mic pluged into mixer.