So, I've just had to part with the SECOND of my two Gibsons in an attempt to drag myself out of debt, and I'm allowing myself £200 (or just over) to get a decent, giggable replacement. Saving is NOT an option, seeing as I need an immediate replacement due to imminent recording/live stuff.

I've been looking at this, but what would you all suggest? There's a lot of stuff that I like, such as the Squier VM Tele Custom HH and the Vintage V6P, but I'd like to know if anyone's got some long-term, hands-on experience with a guitar in this price range that they could offer- can't really get that from trying the guitars out in a shop, can I?
I'd go for one of the Vintages - they're decent enough, especially for the price.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Washburn X50's are pretty good value but I think they might be a little over your budget after gak's price increase.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by steven seagull
I'd go for one of the Vintages - they're decent enough, especially for the price.

Only thing that annoyed me was that the input jack on the one I tried came off in my hand- just that one lemon? I must admit, the AV6 is really orginal and cool looking, but are the other Vintages any good? I could be one of the scary guys in their ads...
i have a vintage v100, i wud defiantly recommend it. very good value for money
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I don't think a singlecoil would be warm or hot enough for what I want, to be honest. In terms of feel, the Washburn was really nice- bit worried about the wood, though.
Bloody hell, moving to London has done you no favours so far has it....
Indeed! I'm now back and forth between Cambridge and London since I lost my flat- basically, jobs say they'll have me, then take ages to tell me I don't have the job. This has happened 15 times and counting. However, my bands are starting to do well and are possibly going to start making money (publishing is nearly sorted).

So- any more thoughts?
That PRS is okay. A Cort might suit as they are well made. Have you thought about an Epi G400 Goth? Could be just right for you.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I have thought of it, yeah. I've just found out I could get the Squier Tele P90 for £140...
Thats actually a really good deal, but that PRS doesnt look all that bad
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Only one thing you can do, man. Sell me the Ric. Sorry for your loss. =[
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Genres?

Are you willing to go used?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
The wood in the Washburn will be a bit like plywood I believe. But it's got Seymour Duncans, which I'm positive you can't find in any other guitar of that price.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Go for the washburn, comes with good pickups, well I know the 57 is good, and grover tuners etc. Has humbuckers so its better for your styles.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by necrosis1193
Genres?

Are you willing to go used?

As I said, alt rock like Smashing Pumpkins, My Vitriol, heavier Placebo, but with lots of delay and effects. And do I have a choice? Used is definately an option at this price!
Just check out Les Pauls on ebay, you can like get some great bargains on Epiphones and stuff like that.

Also Tokai do nice guitars, as do Vintage.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
vintage v100
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
Quote by Aidy Damage
As I said, alt rock like Smashing Pumpkins, My Vitriol, heavier Placebo, but with lots of delay and effects. And do I have a choice? Used is definately an option at this price!

Hmm...I'd say take a look at a used Fender MIM HSS strat(I got an SSS for $220 USD, about 153.59 British Pounds), and if you can find the money, replace the bridge pickup with a Seymour Duncan JB.

Between those two, go for the Dot. They're decent, but I've never played a Squier that's truly done it for me. I'd never trust one on tour and for recording either. A Dot on the other hand...well, I'll let this video finish that for me;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7o7iv0veTk

+1 to tokai, and the hot rails strat, washburn x50 and the Squier 50's Vibe strat?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Go for a Tokai (a guy tried mine and said it was as good, if not better than, his Gibson, I haven't tried a Gibson, but he was really impressed). You can get them for around £250, but I'm sure you could find one for less.
I may, in fact, have to go with the Squier Tele, considering the insanely low price and bang for the buck.
If you have a look on ebay there will be some Japanese (made in Japan) Squiers if you can find one from the 80's or very early 90's (preferably 80's) your on to a winner there like a little secrets cause as there Squier everyone thinks there just ****ty starter guitars so they go really cheap but there amazing and you can get one for about £200-£300 on ebay I've played a couple and they really are nearly as good if not better then the fender made in America's
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Mar 28, 2009,
Agile? Makes cheap and VERY VERY good les pauls.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
No chance of getting one in the UK, and even if they ship it'd cost a bomb in customs.
that prs is pretty sweet you posted. It will allow any genre to be played really.

you may want to change pups, but its all personal preference
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
If I can score one of the MIJ Squiers I'm bidding on or the Dot I'm bidding on, I'll be happy.