Hey guys...

I'm trying to start a little project that'll be a kind of 80's hard rock type sound...but'll be more modern.

I'm 18, and some of my influences are Van Halen, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Joe Walsh, Steve Vai, Poison, Motley Crue.

I play guitar, but am willing to do vocals if we can't find anyone. So is anyone interested in joining?
ok well we still need a drummer, another guitar player, and a vocalist...

anyone interested?
Quote by SinisterStrieth
I would do vocals but i'm only 14. I've taken tuition for six years though.

Well hell we will give you a chance...you got any example of your singing?
I'll do a cover and upload it to Youtube in about an hour. My voice has broken already, so you don't need to worry about 'kiddish' vocals. ;P
I can do the other guitar, rhythm prefered, but I can also play lead.
Last edited by Emost at Mar 29, 2009,
And my axe...
I'll do lead if you want.

also do vocals if guitar positions are filled.
Last edited by EuropeanExtreme at Mar 29, 2009,
damn...I do guitar too. lol. If you want I'll be in....
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Well that leaves us with four guitars... maybe we can do something like Lynyrd Skynyrd with 3 lead and one rythm guitar?
Quote by vigenharutyunya
aha.. mm guys I need an online drummer.. any help??!

we need a drummer 2...so i dont think we can help u there
So modern day 80's rock...
I'm thinking The Darkness, Against Me, Buckcherry. Are these the kind of bands that fit that genre? Or am I way off?
Quote by EuropeanExtreme
So modern day 80's rock...
I'm thinking The Darkness, Against Me, Buckcherry. Are these the kind of bands that fit that genre? Or am I way off?

well I don't really listen to those bands but I'm thinking more of a classic rock feel to it. We should do a cover first to kind of get a feel for what we want to do.
that sounds good. What should be recorded first?
and who's doing the mixing?
I assume the head of this band?
EDIT: that kinda sounded like "I'm going to head this band" i totally didn't mean that. i mean i assume that whoever is heading this band is doing the mixing
Last edited by EuropeanExtreme at Apr 4, 2009,
well I don't really listen to those bands but I'm thinking more of a classic rock feel to it. We should do a cover first to kind of get a feel for what we want to do.

so, more like Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath-ish?
Quote by EuropeanExtreme
so, more like Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath-ish?

yeah thats kind of exactly what im going for...

sorry guys i've been busy and away from the computer
If you guys are serious and not just "ya, that's a cool idea" then I will drum.

Edit: I can also mix the stuff too if needed.
Last edited by drbobgfx at Apr 12, 2009,
Quote by drbobgfx
If you guys are serious and not just "ya, that's a cool idea" then I will drum.

Edit: I can also mix the stuff too if needed.

im honestly really serious about this...its just we have to find a way to make this work...ill admit...this is the first time i've ever done anything like this so i kinda need some help from you guys.
Well, first, for covers at least, I would probably start off, then send my track to the bass player, then the bass player records over my drums, then I mix it, then send the mixed part to the rhythm player, who sends me back his part, and then I mix that, then send it to the lead guitarist(s) and singer, then mix their parts. For originals (which I'm not sure if we will do) someone sends the demo of what they have so far and have everyone else jam on it and then the recording process begins.
How about something basic and everyone knows? How about.... hmmm... AC/DC? Back in Black? I dunno, just some song that we can see each others playing style and stuff.