That I run my BOSS SD-1 through my MT-2 to get a really raw punk sound?! J/c, as some moron told me yesterday that it was completely stupid to run an od pedal into a dist pedal even for what i'm doing with it.

If I keep the distortion down and only use the MT-2 as an EQ, that little bit of gain mixed in with the overdrive gives a really raunchy Sex Pistols/Iggy Pop/Motorhead sound. I keep the tone at full, the distortion at about eleven 'o clock, and adjust the level to where I need it to be. So whattya guys think?
If it sounds good then why not?
Gear List

Guitars
PRS SE Tremonti
Ltd Mh-100qmnt
Peavey Rotor ex
Crafter Acoustic

Amps
Bugera 333
Bugera 412h

Effects
Marshall Shredmaster
Line 6 MM4
Line 6 DL4
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Dan Electro Fish'n'chips
Ibanez LU-10
you're going to hell.

or you know, whatever you like.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Whatever you want dude. Don't let some guy say your tone or ideas are stupid.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
I may be a new guy here, but I must state that music is an ART FORM. What media you choose to personally express yourself is entirely up to you.

Part of the equation is to experiment with the sounds YOU like. If that means that you like the sound of and OD pedal ran through a Distortion pedal, then by all means use that setup.

How many people do you think told Eddie Van Helen: "Why in the name of the gods are you using a cordless drill to make THAT sound?"

Or how many people told Adam Jones that he was a moron for using an Epilady on his strings to make effects?

Do you think they cared? Obviously not, because they are making MONEY from that sound, and expressing themselves artistically as well.

Don't let others push you around about your tone. If you like it... use it.
I wasn't worried, I just wondered what you guys thought

Quote by jj1565
you're going to hell.

You wanna burn with me
hahaha i do the exact same thing dude. pushing my sd-1 thru my mt-2. i get a cool lofi sound out of too
IT depends. I tried it once, and it usually compressed it to much.

If you make punk and are the only guitarist, then yes it would work.

(I tried it with a boss sd-1 and a ds2 btw)

I always got a tone without dynamics, like 1 volume, and the sound didn't "breath".

2 overdrives work a bit better, but the way distortion is made, meh.

Maybe, what you're really after is a compressor pedal, who knows.

Since almost all guitars in the studio are compressed these days, you're probably used to hearing that sound, and since this imitates something similar...

Anyway, if you like it, then do it. Noone's gonna smack you

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
IT depends. I tried it once, and it usually compressed it to much.

If you make punk and are the only guitarist, then yes it would work.

(I tried it with a boss sd-1 and a ds2 btw)

I always got a tone without dynamics, like 1 volume, and the sound didn't "breath".

2 overdrives work a bit better, but the way distortion is made, meh.

Maybe, what you're really after is a compressor pedal, who knows.

Since almost all guitars in the studio are compressed these days, you're probably used to hearing that sound, and since this imitates something similar...

Anyway, if you like it, then do it. Noone's gonna smack you

I completely agree with this. Lack of dynamic response is absolutely a deal breaker to me. Imo, it makes your sound sterile and processed sounding. All it does is make things super buzzy and saturated. I know some people like the feel of a super saturated and compressed high gain tone as it sometimes just feels nicer to play in some scenarios, and is just more forgiving, but using it as one's main tone is just too restricting imo.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 27, 2009,
If it sounds good to your ears then theres no problem. There is no 'wrong' in music. Remember, people used to say distortion was 'wrong' in the 50s.

Also i get a really raw fuzzed up sound when i overdrive my marshall abit then put my big muff pi fuzz pedal on at the same time. I use it with a jazz guitar too and i've had plenty of people say it's 'wrong'.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Mar 27, 2009,
Quote by al112987
All it does is make things super buzzy and saturated.

Sounds like a great punk tone
Quote by imgooley
Sounds like a great punk tone

Precisely

Idk, it's pretty cool. As is, I get a real raw tone for any loud, harsh **** like that.